I am so frustrated that I could scream right now. CP and I had a productive weekend visiting a bunch of properties with our realtor. We will be checking out houses tomorrow night, but if we don’t find anything then we have two from this past weekend that we love. There is a big price disparity between the two houses though- one we would have to do some work on. Not necessarily as soon as we move in, but we would need to add on a family room/den once we have kids. The other one is move-in ready, new windows, roof, furnace, etc., updated kitchen, and has plenty of room- without being a McMansion.
HOWEVER, even if we wanted to, we can’t put an offer down on either house. Before I left the office last week, my boss advised me to not make any offers. Because I might not have a job come August. Scratch that- I would have a job at my company, but it might not be in CT. UMMM WHAT??!??? They potentially could tell me that my job is across the country in a state that I don’t want to move to “because that is where they have the need.”
The whole thing is utter bullcrap. They wouldn’t move me to Denver, so CP and I decided that we would stay here in the Northeast because that is where we had jobs. Now that we are ready to buy a house and start trying to have a kid they suddenly tell me that my job might be located elsewhere? RIDONKULOUS.
Not to mention the fact that I was told at the end of last week that the promotion that I am eligible for in September? Is not going to happen. Now before you say anything about the hard economic times and how I am lucky to have a job (or not considering the news above), the promotion is built in to my program. So it is complete crap that they suddenly are like, well, you are no longer eligible. My new salary was built into the budget so it’s not like they don’t have the money.
I’M SO FRUSTRATED WITH MY COMPANY. This is NOT how you treat employees. Guess it is about time to update my resume…..
UGH! How frustrating! I'm so sorry, that is really disappointing. But hopefully this will open different doors for you guys that you haven't thought about before...
ReplyDeleteThat is so annoying. I am sorry that you are being jerked around like that. At least you were told about it before offers were made otherwise it would be a bigger mess.
ReplyDeleteI'm gritting my teeth with anger and frustration just reading that...I can't imagine how you must feel!
ReplyDeleteJust remember, when one door closes another one opens!
The silver lining - at least your boss said something to you instead of letting you go through with the offer, letting you move into a new house and then announcing your transfer. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the only thing you can do, if you don't like the cards this company is dealing you, is to update your resume and keep looking.
Ugh, what a pain! I'm so sorry everything is so up in the air. How incredibly frustrating. I agree, time to start looking for new jobs, because all this behavior is totally unacceptable. Do you have a leg to stand on with the promotion thing? Like, is it in your contract, or is there anyone reasonable you can talk to?
ReplyDeleteGood luck!