1.03.2013

2013 Goals


Well, the new year is here (although I am few days late with finally getting this post up).  It brings with it a lot of uncertainty and a dash of hope.  I have been waiting for January for a while because my new insurance with IVF coverage finally kicks in this month.

Without further ado, my goals for 2013:

Keep in touch more with friends.  Just “liking” someone’s status on FB or commenting on a picture doesn’t mean that I am catching up with them.  Some friends are harder to get on the phone because of their kidlets, but an email is at least a little more personal.

Take whatever steps are necessary to ensure IVF success (within reason of course).  I don’t want to think that I could have done more if I have one or more failed cycles.  Currently I am taking DHEA, CoQ10,  and L-argigine in addition to my regular prenatal vitamin.  I will be adding to this regime as I will start Myo Insitol that I just ordered and will be delivered by the time I get  home from NYC.  I also would like to add Melatonin, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Pycnogenol, and extra Vitamin C and Vitiman E (all were recommended by my doctor).  It’s a whole lot of pills, but again, you never know what is going to work and help my eggs!!

Workout 3 times a week- even if it is just walking.  There will be times that I won’t be allowed to work out; there will be times that I will NEED to work out  my frustrations.  I will try to balance this as much as possible and do what I can when I can.

Fewer status updates on FB.  I’m not a daily poster by any means and I try to keep my updates funny and/or interesting, but I'm sure that I could cut down.  I kept my pledge to stay away from political posts last year and will continue to do that this year.

I will look into the Mediterranean diet.  Gypsy Mama’s latest blog had a link to a Huffington Post article on a study showing that the Mediterranean diet could triple IVF success.  Sold!  I love Mediterranean food (had some last night in fact), so that sounds like a win-win to me!

I am going to do my best to stay positive about IVF process.  Despite getting the bad news from the doctor about my hormone levels, I am going to try my hardest to stay positive.  If I start to get stressed, I will use mediation to calm myself down and remember to breathe.

Read at least 30 books.  I think I read 22 books last year but now I have a 30 minute train ride two times a day and can get a lot more reading done this year.

Continue to stay away from the soda!  I have been slipping a little bit because of the 12 hour days in NYC, but I’m hoping to work on getting more sleep the next week or so until I return to Chicago and hopefully that helps.

Finish updating our house in 2013- at least the extent that CP and I can do ourselves….

Read every single entry in the 2012 Crème de la Crème list.  

And finally, my 2013 motto will be:

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

15 comments:

  1. It's tough to know how far to go with the supplements...there always seems to be one more out there that someone swears got them pregnant! You seem like you have your bases covered. We share a lot of the same goals for 2013, especially the health and fitness ones. That tidbit about the Mediterranean diet is really interesting...gonna have to put more fish on my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could definitely do worse than the Mediterranean diet. That stuff is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote. I am going to keep that in mind as I head into this next IVF cycle for sure. Might help me achieve my goal of having a more positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have some great goals for 2013! I love to read too but I've kind of gotten away from it recently. I think I am going to add that goal to my list as well! Aramis is so right, it's hard to know how far to go with supplements, but more than anything it's good for the sanity to know you tried everything you could. And thanks for the shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me about the Creme de Creme list! I missed the deadline because I heard about Sandy Hook right when I was logging on to submit my entry, and was so upset I completely forgot what I had been doing. By the time I remembered it was Dec 16 and I had missed it. I was so disappointed, but I do want to read the entries. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great list and your year is going to be getting off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list. I have a similar one running through my head. Here's hoping 2013 is our year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, I've been off of Facebook for over a year now and my bonds with friends has gotten even stronger. And honestly, I don't miss the other extraneous friendships at all. If someone is important, we catch up on the phone, skype, or email. It has really enhanced so many of my friendships from 'surface' to 'intimate'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you all the luck in the world with IVF this year!

    I saw something on TV that people are resolving to FB less by taking the app off. That'd work for me since it's blocked at work.

    Walking is good! I got in the mentality that unless I'm running significant miles, there's no point. And that's dumb. So I'm off to freeze a couple miles in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg that is SUCH a good quote... a really important reason to not freak out in advance about stuff you have no control over. Loving your resolutions, too -- I have a tub of l-arginine sitting in my cupboard from when I was trying to naturally control my blood pressure, but it tasted disgusting and I stopped using it. Does it really help, do you think? Crap, I need to get on the CoQ10 train, too. Argh! I fear it's too late, with my IVF cycle already starting -- don't you need three months to make a difference in egg quality?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really fantastic, well thought out goals for 2013! And I think I'm going to steal that quote :) It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool quote.

    And I have been thinking about the same goal of pulling back FB/Twitter status updates. I am thinking of deleting Twitter entirely (it's boring to me, and yet I feel compelled to check it thoroughly at least every other day) and I like Jess's idea of taking the FB app off. Things to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome resolutions! I didn't think of any this year. :( I better do that! I love resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheers to better news in 2013!

    And I kind of want to try the Med Diet too, mostly because I hear it's rich in things like olive oil and olives and if I can live off that, I'd be happy.

    ReplyDelete