Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.25.2009

The BIG meal

Last week I received an email from CP regarding Thanksgiving- he wanted me to pick out our dishes (my picks in bold).

-Turkey: smoked or roasted
-Potatoes: mashed, roasted or potato au gratin? Or cheesy grits? and or Sweet Potatoes?
-Soup: cream of asparagus, Pureed Soup (squash, potato, or carrot), creamy mushroom,
-Cranberry Sauce
-Green Side- green beans, asparagus, spinach/chard/kale, broccoli, sprouts? Peas?
-Gravy
-Corn? Of course
-Bread- You make the call. You have the pizza stone to work with. Dinner rolls
-Stuffing- your moms or alternative? (we tried making my mom’s DELICIOUS stuffing last year and didn’t quite get the recipe)
-Cheese plate appetizer. Nuts
-Dessert : You make the call. Pumpkin pie with homemade vanilla ice cream.

We are making ALL of this food for a grand total of FOUR people. Let me repeat, FOUR people. Boy he makes me laugh sometimes, but he wants to make it like any other Thanksgiving. We weren’t going to do soup, but one of our wedding gifts was a soup tureen, so we figured that we would put it to good use!

So far CP has already made the turkey stock for the carrot soup and the cranberry sauce. I made the vanilla ice cream (using a Madagascar vanilla bean- YUM!) last weekend. Being the engineer that he is, CP will put together a Excel spreadsheet of all of the ingredients still needed and oven times. I seriously hope that CP’s dad and girlfriend bring Tupperware for leftovers!!!

Needless to say, it's really important that I get to the gym today AND Friday as I don't think that I am going to have time tomorrow....but boy am I going to need to work off some of these calories!!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck and enjoy!

justme said...

sounds amazing! have a great time

Jess said...

Fun! I hope it all turns out perfectly!