Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.11.2016

Third trimester recap

Overall, I do think that my third trimester with Wesley was easier than my third trimester with Izzy. Or, it is possible that I simply didn't have the time to dwell on every ache and pain because I was a card-carrying member of the "Just F*cking Do It" club. :-)

So, starting at the beginning of the third trimester I was dealing with some oh-so-fun sciatica pain. It stuck around for the rest of the pregnancy, but after a while it would come and go instead of being a constant pain. I also found what seemed to be a scab on my areola on my right breast. My OB wasn't concerned and thought that it could just be a skin tag that will go away after I gave birth (so far it is still there). I also found a skin tag near my arm pit- it also hasn't gone away.

Other issues around the same time included pain in my left thumb from the nurse hitting a nerve instead of my vein when putting my IV in at labor & delivery. That pain stuck around for a few weeks but eventually went away. I started to dread going to bed around this time as well because I just knew that I wasn't going to get a good sleep. Most of the time when I would wake up after sleeping on my right side my right hand would be puffy and asleep. I also started to have fluid buildup in my ankles and feet which would go away a bit by the morning but I couldn't wear a lot of my shoes from this point on in the pregnancy.

Once I got closer to 33 weeks the veins in my boobs popped out which I took to be a good sign of my milk getting ready. I would frequently wake up drooling which is something I *never* do normally- thanks extra saliva during pregnancy! I also had one night where I freaked out until Wes moved because I fell asleep on my back for two hours.

A week later I did something to my foot. Buster stepped on it but he steps on my feet a lot so my feet should be used to it. I limped around for a good few weeks, trying to ice as much as possible, and finally going to the doctor where they determined that it wasn't broken. I randomly tried my engagement ring on- surprisingly it still fit but I ended up taking it off later that day because it got too tight after wearing it around in the heat.

34 weeks was around the time that I started to feel Wes hiccuping.

Sadly at 37 weeks I found my third hemorrhoid and I started to get red/brown freckles/marks on my belly (something I also got with Izzy). I had tons of Braxton Hicks contractions the few days leading up to the c-section and my red stretch marks from my previous pregnancy on my belly became very pronounced. Sleep could have been worse- I was only waking up 2-3 times a night to pee and although I swore by the snoogle last time, I didn't use it at all this pregnancy! I definitely had sore hips and had to turnover a bunch of times per night but not having to turn over every hour definitely made for better sleep.

Finally, the front of my chest/my cleavage had raised red/brown almost open sores/zits from some seriously dry skin. Unfortunately I still have them despite putting lotion on my chest all the time. Hopefully they go away soon.

So overall? Another good pregnancy....but I am glad that I don't have to do it again.

Next up? Wesley's birth story which was not quite as easy as Izzy's.....

2 comments:

Gemini.Apache said...

I'm with you on that one- so relieved to never have to go through another pregnancy! Can't wait for the birth story- hope you are recovering quickly!

Amber said...

I started finding a ton of skin tags around my nipples and other random areas on my body during and after pregnancy too! I just attributed it to getting older, but now that you mention it, maybe it's a side effect from pregnancy. I'm glad you had a relatively good pregnancy and have completed your family! Congratulations again.