Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.22.2010

Friday bits and pieces

I've just got bullets for you today:

  • Thanks to all that voted yesterday. I have to say that I am somewhat shocked that everyone wanted word verification. I would have expected all of the votes to go to comment moderation (not like I would have censoring anything- just the spam). Well, I’ll give you what you guys want and maybe in a few months I’ll open it back up again.
  • TGIF. This weekend I am heading down to DC for a friend’s baby shower. She is the one that I had the baby talk with last spring and was the pregnant lady at my bachelorette party. I can’t wait to see her pregnant (she wasn’t showing at the wedding). A number of other friends from law school are flying in so it will be nice to see them too.
  • My 30 day salad challenge is going well. I have only missed one day and that was due to poor circumstances. Last weekend CP and I headed up to NH to do some skiing and I wasn’t able to have a salad on Saturday. We had packed PB & J sandwiches to eat for lunch in order to not spend money at the mountain and then dinner consisted of ordering pizza. If I had thought about it, I probably could have ordered a salad on the side, but didn’t. However, I’m proud of my 21 out of 22 days so far!
  • Speaking of skiing, CP and I had a GREAT day on Saturday. The weather was fantastic and the snow felt great. We both noticed such a difference in our endurance this time around. When we lived out west and went skiing a lot, we weren’t working out consistently. We would often come home after a day of skiing and pass out from exhaustion (not to mention the extra altitude). On Saturday we were raring to go! Unfortunately our friend P was not. He is very out of shape and we had to stop quite a bit on runs so that he could catch up. He was constantly out of breath and for someone who is my age? That’s pretty scary because it’s not like we were racing down the runs. Hopefully this is his swift kick in the a** to get him going to the gym and losing weight!
  • Speaking of working out, my workouts have been pretty good recently. This week I started the 30 Day Shred again and figuring that I would do it a couple times a week to supplement my lunch-time workouts. Since I’m in better shape these days, the Shred has been a bit easier. Don’t get me wrong, I still struggle with some of the exercises (especially b/c I don’t have 3 lb weights, only 5 lb!), but it feels great.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I got the Jillian Michael's work out for the wii, i have not used it yet. I start my diet next week and will add a gym day or two.

Jess said...

Good work on the salad! Only missing one day is really not bad.

Libby said...

Way to go on the salads & working out!