Hey look I actually remembered my new weekly post! Amazing!
Workouts
· I am a bit disappointed in myself this week. Saturday we were busy all day cleaning, gardening and looking at potential houses on the internet so we didn’t even get a walk in with Fuzzy Britches. Sunday was great- 1.5 hours out on the kayaking and then 9 holes of golf. Monday was a wash with the parade, BBQ, and then passing out on the couch once we got home. Tuesday I was in training off site all day and when I got home for our walk, it was pouring rain. Booo. Wednesday I was good and ran two miles, then walked that night with CP and Fuzzy Britches. Yesterday I flat out was lazy. I brought my stuff in to work to go to the gym, but before I knew it, it was 1pm and I didn’t want to go to the gym and then eat lunch at 2pm. LAZY. Today I am having lunch with a friend so I can’t do my lunchtime workout, but hopefully will walk tonight.
· I was thinking that because it is brighter out in the mornings I would start to TRY to wake up early to do 30 Day Shred before heading to work, but I really can’t start it this coming week because I have to travel to far away trainings Weds, Thur, and Fri. Wow just saying that makes me want to slap myself. Maybe the best thing is to try to start the habit Mon and Tues and see how it goes. I would potentially like to start doing it every weekday morning as it is not too hot out (we don’t have central air) and then CP can’t make fun of me because he is still in bed. :-)
Food
· I probably shouldn’t even discuss the weekend. You don’t want to be the guest that shows up to a friend’s house and has all kinds of dietary guidelines. So CP and I didn’t worry if the burgers we ate were from a grass-fed cow, we didn’t worry if the buns we were eating were whole grain, we didn’t worry if the ketchup had high fructose corn syrup, etc. We simply didn’t want to be THOSE people. It was in the back of my mind as I ate things though…..
· The rest of the week was really good. I found two organic/non-antibiotic whole chickens at our local grocery store and CP threw them on the rotisserie and made up the Peruvian aji sauce I talked about earlier in the week. Delish! He also put together a curry quinoa side dish. We had the chicken, quinoa and a side salad for dinner almost all week. Lunches for me were pretty good too- although I do want to buy some Pyrex dishes to take into work to be able to reheat food. I keep reading about chemicals leaching into food from the plastic containers. Gross.
Replies to Comments
· Because I was too lazy to post on Monday AND Tuesday, I didn’t post much this week (whoops). But to the question as to where I buy the charcoal pills that I talked about in this post, I buy them at my local drug store. For me it is CVS, but I’m sure that you can get them at Walgreens or other pharmacies. They are usually in the antacid/gas section. My mother-in-law has had some acid reflux lately and I gave her some of my pills- they worked great for her too!
Misc.
· This weekend I am looking forward to house hunting with our realtor!
No comments:
Post a Comment