Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.10.2011

Weekend WINs and FAILs

This weekend we had a couple of wins and a couple of fails.

WIN- We found not-too-expensive curtains at Crate and Barrel, bought them, and installed them in our living room and dining room. The previous homeowner left the curtain rods and brackets so we saved money by not buying new ones.


Our new curtains.


FAIL- While we were at Bed, Bath and Beyond getting curtain tie backs, I noticed a contraption called the “Flush Right.” Once installed, you could either flush the top button (if you went #1 and didn’t need much water) or the bottom button (if you went #2 and needed a regular flush). Fantastic! CP and I already try to conserve water in our house by not flushing every time we pee. It may sound weird, but we just don’t flush if we go #1 (only if we have houseguests). Why waste water if we don’t have to?




So while CP was installing our kayak hangers in the garage, I tackled the Flush Right install. The box did say that if you could change a light bulb, you can install the product. And I did! I am not handy in any way, shape or form but I was able to install the product. The only problem? It doesn’t work because our flush valve (ahhh the terms you learn) is too close to the control button that you put on the inside of the toilet. They are mashed together so the flush value can’t go up and down like it is supposed to. So this was not a fail on the product’s part- if we had different toilets I would totally install the product. This is a fail on our toilet’s part. But I would totally recommend this product to anyone that wanted to save water (and money)!


WIN- Also while we were at Bed, Bath and Beyond I saw a product called “Miracle Hand Repair.”



It’s fairly early into winter here in CT and my hands are killing me. Especially on my right hand, I have cracks on all of my knuckles. It hurts to make a fist, the dryness and cracks get caught on clothes when I am putting them on (GROSS!), and it just looks disgusting. So here’s hoping this product works. It’s a WIN so far as my hands are at least not as dry…..

FAIL- The Eagles comeback yesterday against the Packers. I started to get a stomachache part of the way through the 3rd quarter because of the stress. With only a few minutes left in the game I started pacing, completely confusing Fuzzy Britches. In the end, the Eagles got lucky too many times this season and were due a loss. We will be back next year though- older, wiser and hopefully better!

I was joking with a friend that my fertility has surely been hampered by the stress of the down-to-the-last-minute Eagles games. Now that their season is over, I'm sure to get pregnant! (HA)

Did you have any WINs or FAILs this weekend? What do you use on your hands to keep them from cracking?


Note: Just my opinion on these products. I was not paid nor asked to do a review of them.

5 comments:

Kate said...

So, did you get to return the flush right, thing?

Stevie said...

I definitely need a Flush Right! We don't flush every time we pee, either. I drink gallons of water a day, so naturally I am peeing ALL THE TIME. We would waste so much water if we flushed every time.

Love the curtains!

Jess said...

That Flush Right thing sounds very European. Almost all European toilets have a two-level flush button so you conserve water if there's no solid matter (ahem) in the toilet. Smart after-market concept!

That Eagles game was stressful for me too... I wanted the Eagles to win, but I also think it's good for Mike Vick to start his off-season, because wow, is he ever beaten up at this point. He needs some time off to recover!

Lisa said...

You have to tell me if the hand stuff works! My hands are a mess; my knuckles are cracked and my cuticles are ridiculous. I got the velcro on a bib snagged on a cuticle the other day. Just picked it up out of the drawer and as I was carrying it down the hall I felt a tugging on my finger and realized it was snagged on a cuticle. Pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

funderson said...

Good grief! That's all you need is to have your fertility dependant on the Eagles... :)