Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.23.2014

CP work travel

CP left Monday of last week for a work trip to Thailand.  He was scheduled to be away for two weeks, but most likely three because the project hasn't been going well. Solo parenting while he has been abroad hasn't been super difficult, but I do have to wake up even earlier because I'm doing everything in the morning, including dropping off Izzy and Buster at their respective daycares, instead of him.

Before he left he voiced concern that she wouldn't remember him by the time that he came back.  When he dropped her off at daycare before heading to the airport he said that he almost started crying.  :-( We haven't been able to FaceTime every night which probably doesn't help.  With a 12 hour difference, CP calls when he wakes up in the morning and tries to reach us in the short time we are home from work/daycare, but before I start to put Izzy down for the night.  He isn't in the most urban setting so his phone and/or internet connection can be spotty.  At almost 5 months old Izzy is at the age where she sort of pays attention to the iPad screen and CP can make her smile by making funny faces and/or noises at her, but she also gets distracted by things such as Buster moving around. The good news is that she definitely recognizes his voice.  A couple of times she has been nursing and when he starts to talk, she pulls off, looks around and smiles.

This past weekend I took Izzy up to MI so that I could get some help from my parents. She slept in a Pack 'n Play in the same room as me and although I was coughing most of Saturday night and I woke up all of the adults in the house with my hacking, she ended up sleeping 11 hours that night!!  She is also sick and has been for literally a month and a half (basically since she started daycare).  Poor girl. The doctor called her a "happy wheezer" and I'm hoping with the warmer weather she finally kicks this stupid illness.



Enjoying the sunshine and flowers in MI


My little Easter bunny


Last night I got good news from CP- barring a major disaster, he will be flying home this weekend! I definitely miss him, but his help with Izzy and his cooking are missed as well. However, he will be back in Thailand again next month.  His round trip ticket costs $10,000 so it looks like all of his trips will be two weeks or longer this year.  Boooooo.

3 comments:

Gypsy Mama said...

I wish I travelled to such exotic locations with my job!! Even though I'm sure CP would rather be home with his girls than away.

How sweet that Izzy recognized his voice!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Gavin started daycare in the spring and was sick A LOT that first 6-9 months he was in daycare. But, the good news is he doesn't get very sick any more. In fact, the last two times we went to his pediatrician were for his 2 year old check up and his 3 year old check up (nothing in-between). Hopefully, the same is true with Izzy.

Great to hear you've survived a-ok as a solo parent - hope it continues to go this smoothly during future work trips for CP.

Terra said...

Oh! Those cheeks! She is so beautiful, lady! I hope she kicks the sickness soon!