Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.23.2014

White House invitation

Oh my gosh you guys I am so freaking excited! On Friday I received an email from the White House inviting me to a celebration next week!! I will already be in DC for a conference and a two-day meeting on the same topic but OMG the WHITE HOUSE! I have never even been on the tour- just outside the gates!!

To say that I am excited is an understatement. I know that it is entirely possible that the President and/or the First Lady may not be there...and I have to admit, that will make me very sad. Today I have been emailing with Mel to get the scoop on White House visits (thanks for all of the great information Mel!) since she has been a number of times.  I like to know what I am getting into.  :-) I'm crossing my fingers that I can bring my phone in so that I can take some photos- my sister wants me to take a selfie with POTUS but I can't imagine that is going to happen.  But I do think that if he shows up, we are going to be instant best friends.

----------------------------------------------------


In case you are worried about me getting too big for my britches now that I have been invited to the White House, no need to worry about that.  Today I showed up to work not realizing that the hem on the right side of my pants came out.  I didn't have a safety pin or something similar to fix the issue- so I used scotch tape.  Yep.  




Spoiler alert: I had to walk to a meeting a little less than a mile away and my "brilliant fix" didn't work.

8 comments:

Just T said...

Such exciting news!

The pants incident happened to me once and I used my stapler, LOL

Amber said...

That is very cool!! When will this trip be? I can't wait to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So exciting!!

JustHeather said...

I was going to suggest a stapler next time too. ;)

Have fun at the White House. I've never thought or dreamed about going there. I've said the same about a lot of other things in my life thought too. :

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!

Also, I've been known to staple my pants in a pinch. And yes, it's happened more than once;-)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Wow! That is amazing. Hope you can update us on the event afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow! I can't wait for an update!

Toni said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!