The text and pictures are actually from over a week ago but this was the first time I had a chance to put the post together!!
5:45- alarm goes off. I was definitely having a weird dream where I was wearing an odd costume and rapping "Rapper's Delight." Maybe it is in my head from watching Drunk History the other night?
I take Buster out, then feed him. I start to make Izzy's bottles for the day. One 4oz for her morning bottle, then 5 5oz bottles for the rest of the day. I use two frozen breastmilk bags, the rest is formula. I label 4 of the bottles for daycare, take out Izzy's lunch (homemade fruit compote) and head upstairs to wake her up.
I wake Izzy up, snuggle for a minute as she slooooowly opens her eyes, then change her diaper and put on her clothes for the day. She is very wiggly these days on the changing table and always wants something in her hand/mouth.
I feed her a bottle while talking to her.
When she is done, we read a quick book before CP comes in to take her downstairs and drop her off at daycare.
I give her a kiss goodbye, tell her to have a good day, kiss CP goodbye, and yell downstairs to Buster to have a good day at doggie daycare.
6:40- I jump in the shower and realize that I am running late.
7:03- out of the bathroom and I rush to get dressed, throw cherries and blueberries in a Tupperware container and lock up the house. No time for breakfast, guess I'll have it at work.
9am- I finally have time to make my Apple & Cinnamon oatmeal in the microwave. I also eat my blueberries and cherries.
Work. It involves conversations with my boss, lots of emails, a long conference call, a meeting, drafting some documents and a few phone calls ("could I be any more vague?" said in my Chandler Bing voice). It is broken up by lunch with my mom. My dad was in CA last week and randomly went to a baby store and bought some clothes for Izzy. They are super cute and I think that it is adorable that my dad is buying clothes for her. He NEVER bought clothes for me or my sister, so it's nice to see that he is taking his Grandpa duties seriously (not the buying her stuff, just loving her and thinking about her). :-)
4:30- I rush out of the office and power walk to the train station. Luckily it is only 75 out today so I am not sweating by the time I sit down in my seat.
5:30- wait in line for new monthly train pass, then walk home from the train.
Once I get home, I throw on more relaxing clothes, and get in the car to pick up Buster at doggie daycare, then Izzy at daycare.
![]() |
We get home, I unpack the car and head inside to play for a few minutes before Izzy's dinner.
6pm- Izzy eats homemade veggies with basil and some cut up Michigan blueberries for dessert.
CP gets home and checks out Izzy's new clothes. He decides to put her in the top of the box and push her around on the carpet. She enjoys it and then plays with the box for a few minutes herself.
Buster decides that he wants some love as well.
We also work on Izzy's standing skills.
At 7pm, I take Izzy upstairs and change her clothes and diaper before giving her one last bottle. She isn't quite exhausted so she starts to roll around in her crib before I even leave the room. Her front teeth are coming in and bothering her so I also leave a pacifier in her crib with her. She'll bite and play with it for a few minutes but won't need it to fall asleep.
8pm- CP and I finally have dinner. It's Southwestern meatloaf which we thawed from the freezer. Amazingly enough, we are still working through all of the food that CP made before and right after Izzy was born!
![]() |
| It doesn't look great but it is delicious! |
We watch tv and finally head to bed at 10pm.















13 comments:
Sounds like a very organized day for sure :)
Izzy is getting so big! So cute :)
Wow, that's a busy day. You do this every day? Yikes!
Wow, that's a busy day. You do this every day? Yikes!
Yep that's a pretty typical day.
I love these posts, but I so wonder how I will manage if I ever have one of these!
I love this! Seeing a day in the life of you as a mama. Just beautiful
Loved reading this! Maybe I'll post a day-in-the-life schedule, too... so fascinating to see how other parents with babes at a similar age are working things out. We're on a similar timeline, but the two parts that struck me are WOW I can't believe you're the one waking Izzy up (Max always gets up wayyy before I want him to) and also how amazingly chunky she is for having veggies and blueberries for dinner and fruit for lunch! I feel like I'm shoving all this cheese, bread, veg, fruit, meat, etc. into Max's mouth at every meal and he's still under the 50th percentile... guess I can probably ease up on the mealtime panic-to-stuff-his-gob business. :)
Wow this is great! I can't believe you have leftover freezer food... I really wish I had done that. Next time for sure! (if there is a next time)
mmmm the meatloaf looks good to me! I love meatloaf. I'm going to have to add it to the menu soon. Awesome that you still are going through your prepped food. That's the best! Sounds like a good work day, and nice that you can walk to your train.
I love these day in the life posts. You've inspired me to maybe do one next week! Izzy is getting so big! Sitting up on her own, able to grab little foods and feed herself... You are a busy Momma, but you have a system that works and sounds amazing!
That meatloaf looks great to me... and I love that you were dreaming about Rapper's Delight.
That is awesome that you are still working through freezer meals. I was out by 3 months and thought that was pretty great!
Izzy is the cutest. Such a sweet girl.
Post a Comment