Tuesday night I got to be a part of history. I was lucky enough to score a ticket to Obama's Farewell Speech from work and it was amazing. It was such an honor to be in the room with him.
![]() |
| My ticket! |
We got in line around 5pm when the doors were just opening. Little did we know that A LOT of people showed up way before 5pm so we were actually towards the back of the security line! We waited for a good 2.5 hours to finally go through the metal detectors.
![]() |
| Waiting to go through security |
![]() |
| Heading into the hall |
I have to admit, when Obama came out on stage, I had to wipe away a tear. I am going to miss this man. The crowd started to chant "YES WE CAN!"
![]() |
| Obama speaking on the big screen |
I don't know if you could hear it, but every once in a while, people would shout "FOUR MORE YEARS!" or "I LOVE YOU OBAMA!"
![]() |
| My view from towards the back of the room of Obama. He is to the left of the seated crowd, right above the blue thing in the center of the picture. |
I am so honored and happy that I got to see Obama's farewell speech. My ticket is already hanging in my office and I hope that over the next few years I can look at it and remember how far we have come and how much we will have to fight for the progress that we have already made as a country.
Yes we can. Yes we did.





4 comments:
Wow! What an empowering thing that must have been, to be there in person!
Wow! That is really cool. Glad you could go and you can tell your kids all about it one day.
That is amazing! I haven't actually watched the whole thing yet, I need to be in a place where I'll cry but not sob outright and last week was not that week. I can't imagine how incredible it must have been to be there in person (well, I can do a better job of that now that you wrote this post). :) I know we have term limits for a reason, but man I could so have four more years of this administration, which despite all the chatter about "worst president ever" was actually one of the best, classiest, and accomplished SO VERY MUCH with so much opposition, and not once whined about it on Twitter. I guess that's just one more thing to make the transition to the, uh, new reality so very difficult.
Aaaaand I'm sobbing. Yep, vicariously and posthumously sobbing.
xox
Post a Comment