Two weeks ago at daycare I got a call in the morning that Wes had done something to his finger while outside. They weren't quite sure what and they weren't requiring us to pick him up, but he was bleeding through band-aids and wouldn't stop crying. I won't post the picture but he somehow managed to shave skin off of the top of his left ring finger and lose part of his fingernail in the nail bed. I picked him up early and decided not to take him to the doctor, instead cleaning the wound myself and putting a band-aid on it, but of course between Wes putting his fingers in his mouth constantly from what is likely teething and taking the band-aid off constantly, the finger became infected and necessitated a trip to the doctor. No biggie, he is put on antibiotics, we continue to put neosporin and band-aids on, and the finger starts to get better.
A week later, Izzy is acting like a maniac. I mean, she's 4.5 so she is not the best listener right now, but this was BAD. Actively doing the exact opposite of what we were telling her to do, refusing to do certain things, etc. Then also having pee accidents after being trained for two years now. CP finally takes her to the doctor and it turns out that she has strep or similar infection. Last time she got hives, this time it was a swollen lymph node (which we didn't see until it was pointed out to us), pee accidents, and defiance. I'm not sure what it will be next time! Now that she is on antibiotics she is doing much better.
Fast forward to Saturday night when we went over to a friend's house for a BBQ. I put bug spray on Wes, but could see that he was getting bitten so I stayed inside with him for half the night. However, the damage was already done. Poor guy had bites on his neck and face and looks like he has some exotic disease.
He woke up yesterday from a nap with a slightly swollen eye....
.....then this morning he woke up with an eye that was completely swollen shut!
Of course CP is in Italy for work so I called the doctor and they wanted to see him to make sure all was okay. For now he has some topical antibiotic to put on the bites because despite giving him a bunch of Benadryl, he is still itching and has opened up the bites. :-(
I'm ready for all of the doctor's visits to stop!
FYI- For anyone that uses Blogger comments are NOT getting emailed to your inbox (if you have turned that setting on). Hopefully the fix happens soon!
FYI- For anyone that uses Blogger comments are NOT getting emailed to your inbox (if you have turned that setting on). Hopefully the fix happens soon!



4 comments:
Yikes!! I hope the doctors visits slow down soon!! I’ve been there before, and it’s no fun. Once I can remember being at the doctor 5 straight days in a row alternating kids because of sicknesses that kept cropping up. They thought I was crazy, but all visits did end up warranting prescription medications.
Oh boy, you guys need a break from all of this! Hope the rest of the summer is without incident!
Hope everyone is on the mend soon!
Oh man! That's a lot! Poor Wes is being put through the ringer, between teething, his finger, and those bug bites! And strep is no joke and a little scary when it's missed. I have a friend who's son has been diagnosed with PANDAS; have you heard of it? Hopefully none of the rest of you have gotten strep! I also hope that the rest of the summer goes a lot more smoothly and the trips to the doctor slow down for you!
P.S. I have noticed that I haven't been getting the comments emailed to me from blogger. So annoying! I've been afraid of missing out on reading them if someone has commented on my blog.
Post a Comment