Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.16.2008

Two days of hell

I am not looking forward to the upcoming bar exam. I think that I even have it easier than some of my friends taking other states because it is only two days and the state that I am taking it in does not require as many subjects for the essay day.

Some symptoms of studying for the bar for two months straight:

*You feel like crying, simply because your brain hurts from trying to force feed it too much information.

*You harken back to your time as a 1L when you and your law school buddies would point out people doing negligent things or joking about the difference between "knowingly" and "recklessly."

*When the fire alarm goes off at the law library, no one gets up to either go outside or to find someone to turn it off because we are all too busy studying.

*At the same time you are wishing that the bar was just over, you are hoping for more time so that you can study.

*You lose the ability to spell or form sentences with the correct words.

*You don't get drunk or really drink at all for two months straight because you need to be up and chipper to study the next morning. This one might have a disasterous effect on the night of the last day of the bar exam when you want to drink your thoughts of possibly failing away. You might turn out to be a very cheap date!

*You glare at people making the slightest sounds in the law library and don't care if it makes you seem like a bitch.

Since I still have 14 days (SH*T ONLY 14 DAYS??!!?) left I'm sure that I will add to this list. Things only get more stressful from here.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your misery will serve great interest to me, as I'll see what I have to look forward to! We can talk when this is all over for you, because of course, I have a kajillion questions. I'm so preliminary right now, though; I'm still navigating my way around Westlaw!

The best of luck to you!! Hang in there!