Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.26.2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Quick recap of the weekend:

Friday night CP got in a bit early, but I got lost headed to the airport so I was a bit late in picking him up (stupid non-signage in VA!). That resulted in him being a bit cranky the rest of the night.

Saturday we saw all of the major outside monuments before having a good lunch with a friend at Old Ebbit Grill. Afterwards we decided that the Jefferson was too far away and that we were sick of walking so we headed to a bar with outdoor seating and drank away the afternoon. Sat night we had a delicious dinner at Vidalia - including an appetizer of the meat from a pig’s hoof and rabbit. Sat night we then met up with friends at a bar to reminisce.

Sunday we woke up and headed to Five Guys for a greasy lunch to combat all of the drinking we had done the day before. Damn it was good! Everyone talks about In-and-Out Burger being so amazing- but I was disappointed when I finally had it. Luckily, Five Guys did not disappoint. Mmmmm. I do NOT want to know how many calories were in my meal though.

With another couple, CP and I explored the Spy Museum, which was cool….but a lot of reading for people that drank a lot the night before. That of course led to more drinking while having to “rest our feet” before heading out to a Peruvian restaurant (El Pollo Rico) for some seriously delicious roasted chicken. While we were there, we saw some teenage girl pop a zit on her boyfriend’s face. WTF? Surprisingly enough, that sight didn’t make us throw up and we moved on to La Tasca, a tapas restaurant that also had sangria for us to drink while we debated how to raise kids, parenting styles, and what makes someone a slut. Yep, it was a funny conversation.

Yesterday CP and I had to get up early to make our Capitol building tour. While checking out the rotunda was cool, we weren’t impressed with the rushed tour. For lunch we made our way into Chinatown where CP decided to have congee with squid and pig skin (ewww) while our friend and I stuck with regular meats in our noodle soups! I dropped CP off at the airport last night, only to find out that his plane was delayed until 11pm….which means he didn’t get home until after 1am. Poor guy.

Today I am:
-Feeling bloated from eating my way around the city
-Not wanting to be at work
-Dealing with still-tired feet from walking everywhere in flip flops this weekend
-Mad that I didn’t put sunscreen on my burn on my neck yesterday so it itches- but I am (so far) being good and not touching it
-Missing CP already

How was your Memorial Day weekend?

1 comment:

Christina said...

I keep hearing about 5 guys! They opened one near th eBF's father's house so we may be making a trip to burger mecca!