Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.22.2009

Neck branding

So did I forget to mention that I burned my neck while using a hair straightener last weekend? I went to get my hair colored (okay, fixed) at a salon- but the coloring didn’t include a blow dry. Because I wanted to make sure that I liked the new color, the hairstylist allowed me to go upstairs to the spa section and use the hair dryer. I was going out that night and a straightener was available, so I decided to use it. The only problem? It was set at 190 degrees- much higher than I set mine at home. I literally touched my neck for maybe one second- it was enough to give me a beautiful burn line two inches long. Awesome.

Yesterday at work one of my coworkers said that I should be putting lotion or cream on the burn. I dismissed the idea until going on WebMD today. According to the website and my symptoms, I have a second degree burn that will start to go away in A MONTH and will be all good in A YEAR. I need to religiously put sunscreen on this summer because the skin is going to be very sensitive. I only have a little more than four months until the wedding- so I am hoping that the scar fades enough for makeup to cover the rest of it! CRAP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In happier news, CP flies in tonight! I don’t think that we will end up doing much tonight as he doesn’t get in until 9pm, but I have him for the entire weekend. We are planning a touristy weekend- monuments, museums, sights, etc. A nice dinner at Vidalia on Saturday night, followed by hanging out with friends at a downtown bar. More touristy things on Sunday and Monday- including a tour of the Capitol building!
Don't expect a post from me on Monday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

An update (of sorts) on my post about my friend earlier this week. She says that things are back to normal and their wedding/ honeymoon is still on. They leave tomorrow. If she is happy then I guess I can't say anything.....

3 comments:

Christina said...

Enjoy CP and the weekend!

Try aloe on the burn, it helped me when I burned my arm cooking.

Fannie said...

Uhmm I burnt my ear like that too.. but the symptoms were minimal .. the skin peeled away and it was back to normal after 2 weeks (maximum).

Aloe Vera will help, good luck with that !

Have a sexcellent weekend ;) !

EP said...

That's awful about the burn! Who would have thought it would be that dramatic? I wouldn't have know, either.

I hope you and CP are having a lovely weekend together!