Although our wedding weekend went GREAT, there are a few things that I would change if I could go back in time:
*Although we got a lot of compliments on the Inn, the owners were crazy. They constantly talked about money and then pulled weird things like only putting 50 plates out for the rehearsal dinner. Or doing the champagne toast Friday night, having some glasses of champagne leftover and instead of handing them out to people, they brought them back into the kitchen. There was still some champagne left in the bottles, so why wouldn’t they pour it? It’s not like they could keep the bottle to use it for later guests…AND my in laws had already paid for it. WTF? In addition, two hours before my wedding, I guess some random people stopped by the Inn wanting a drink. Instead of telling them that we had a wedding and that the Inn was closed for other business (we took up the entire Inn, another nearby hotel AND part of another nearby Inn), the owner allowed them to have drinks and sat and talked to them instead of helping with the set up. ???? If CP and I had it to do again, I think that we would have looked at other places to take over for the weekend….
*If we could have afforded a wedding coordinator, that would have been a helpful person to have. Even if it was just a wedding coordinator that came with the property or one the day-of. My mom ran around like a maniac, and CP did too. It would have been nicer to have both of them able to relax the day of the wedding.
*I wouldn’t have done the out of town bags. Yes it’s nice to give guests Gatorade, gum, snacks, etc. but it wasn’t absolutely necessary.
These are fairly minor changes though….at least in my mind. Despite the fact that the Inn owners were crazy, the only people that really knew what was going on were CP’s parents and my parents. So to our guests, it was pretty much a seamless weekend….and that’s what you want!
Overall it was one of the best weekends of my life. I simply couldn’t stop smiling the entire weekend….and I have continued to have a perma-grin on my face since then.
If I am still alive and I haven’t been abducted in Mozambique or South Africa, then I will let you guys know on Monday how the honeymoon went (and I promise no more wedding recaps!!!).
5 comments:
My regrets are that I would have selected a different venue. I loved our venue but we anticpated on having more guests and they did not show.
so we threw away a lot of money based on paying the minimun. Iw ould have chosen a smaller venue.
Thank you for your input. It is so helpful. I've been debating having a DOC and you've convinced me that this is something I will for sure do.
And what do you mean "no more wedding recaps"? I feel like I've followed along for most of your journey planning the wedding and this is the finale. Please keep them coming. I love hearing about your special day!!
Have fun on your honeymoon...lucky dog!!
You know your wedding was a success when the changes you'd make in hindsight are nit-picking. Though, those crazy Inn owners? I hope there's a review site (Yelp? The Knot?) where you can jot down some of your thoughts for future brides and their families!
sorry about the inn owners. WTF
I'm happy to hear that, all in all, it was a good weekend! That makes me sad about the inn owners, though. Who does that?
Post a Comment