Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.16.2009

Wedding recap- post reception and Sunday

Saturday post-reception
After the reception concluded at 10pm (due to the town noise ordinance), CP and I brought out the regulation-sized Beirut (aka Beer Pong) table for the after party.* We kept our wedding attire on and the first game was against my parents. My mom had quickly run back to her cottage to grab flats and proclaim them her “Beirut shoes.” Awesome. I then proceeded to win every single game. It must have been the luck of the bride, but I was on FIRE. After my parents went to bed, I played my drunk aunt (the loser of the chug-off) and my uncle from Canada, once again kicking butt.** CP was frustrated later on when I kicked his butt too. Hee hee.

While the Beirut table was going on, other friends had one of the pregnant wives drive to a nearby restaurant to pick up a huge tree stump. Someone had the forethought to bring a hammer and nails and thus, the game of Stump was ready to be played! Frankly the one and only time that I played was when CP and I were down in New Orleans for the Eagles/ Saints game and I don’t particularly remember the rules because I had been drinking so much, but needless to say, it’s a fun game.

The after party went on until 2am or so, which was perfect timing for CP and me to head off to bed. Thinking about it now, I am shocked that I was alert, not cranky, and up that entire day because I woke up so early and didn’t get a good night sleep.

Sunday
I was amazingly NOT hungover in the least bit, but just a bit tired. We invited all of our guests back to the Inn for brunch, and a good number of people came. After reuniting jackets and other items with their owners and cleaning up the tent, CP and I drove home in separate cars, but married. While we had dinner that night we watched our wedding video because it’s true what people say- the day goes by in a flash and we were both so nervous that we couldn’t remember most of the ceremony!!


*The table was a wedding present from one of my friends from college. We totally intend to bring it to the Patriots game we are going to in December!

**My aunt was the only embarrassing part of the wedding. First, she berated my dad and their sister about things that happened years ago, making my dad feel awful. At one point, I went up to them and said that it was not the place for this to try to save my dad. I really like this aunt too….so it was also embarrassing when in the middle of playing Beirut she was pulling her top down to expose her cleavage. She’s in her 50s so it was not appropriate and really weird of her to do so. That is something that I used to do in college and haven’t done in at least 10 years myself.

The funniest thing about it though? A family friend was playing on my team and decided that she had enough of the cleavage. So instead of aiming for the cups, she whipped the ball straight into the cleavage of my aunt. Best shot of the night!


Next week I have a few pre-written posts including one with PICTURES of the wedding. :-)

3 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Call me naive, but I've never heard of a beer pong table nor the game of stump. I think you're going to have to give a tutorial upon your return.

Also? My aunt was the only major embarrassment at my wedding. Not only did she scoff that her name wasn't in the program (long story), but she failed to congratulate Sweets and me and she also walked right through a photo shoot of us as she looked for a place to smoke pot. Classy, eh?

Roxy said...

that is hilarious that you played beirut in wedding attire against your parents. I am so busting out the beirut table at my wedding (whenever, if ever it happens)

Christina said...

It must be a northeast thing to ball it Beriut, here in the mid west it is beer pong. Beriut is a much cooler name.

I suck at that game.