This weekend we have a busy lineup. Tonight we are headed to Springfield, MA to see Anthony Bourdain (of “No Reservations” fame).

We love watching his show on the Travel Channel so we are hoping that his show will be interesting. I guess he is going to talk about his new book and then answer questions? I’m not sure what we paid money for, but I’m expecting adult language and funny stories. Hopefully CP will we able to think of a good question to ask him.
Tomorrow morning we will leave bright and early for NJ. My aunt and uncle live down there and have recovered my late grandmother’s couch for our new house. They are also having a cider party so we will have some fun making apple cider and then we get to take some home! :-)
I am excited to see my Aunt, Uncle and hopefully one of my cousins, but we are missing out on a lot of things here in CT this weekend. The Newcomer’s Club that we joined (same club that had Bunco on Weds night) is having the fall Kick-Off Party tomorrow night. CP and I would have been able to walk to the house because it is fairly close to ours. There will be other events though so I am not too bummed.
Also, we just found out that one of CP’s friends from his fraternity will be down in our town this weekend. It is such a small world story. The house two doors down from us has been nicknamed “the Party House” because they often have a bunch of people over in their backyard hanging out on the weekends. CP and I have joked that we need to make friends with them. While on a walk with Fuzzy Britches earlier this week we ran across some other neighbors farther down our street and they were able to place where we lived because of our proximity to the “Party House.” Turns out CP’s fraternity brother went to HIGH SCHOOL with the guy (he owns the Party House with his fiancĂ©) and will be down partying with them this weekend. So we are missing our chance for our “in” to the Party House, but maybe the introduction will be made sometime in the future.
Do you guys have any exciting plans this weekend?
*By the way, yesterday was my 500th post! WOW.
6 comments:
I am SO jealous you're seeing Bourdain. We looked at tickets when he came here, but they were to expensive (when you add in a babysitter). :-( Have a ton of fun!
Enjoy, it sounds liek agreat weekend ahead.
I hear Tony is really intersting and has some fun stoies.
I am jealous.
I looooooove Anthony Bourdain. He is so incredibly sexy. Yum.
Sounds like a great weekend! We'll be going to Oktoberfest in Seattle and hiking on Sunday. Should be fun!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
No big plans for me, Wilzie is working, and I am left alone with only my DVR for company...
Maybe I'll go look for that party house
cannot wait to hear more. i had tickets and ended up not going due to my health news last year. now i wish i had. i was so curious as to what he could speak about!
oooh hope you had a fun weekend...can't wait to hear about Bourdain!
Post a Comment