This past weekend CP and I took Fuzzy Britches on a long walk at the nearby Reservoir. It was a pretty awesome walk as we saw a HUGE red-tailed hawk fly across the path and scoop up some sort of prey. He then sat in a tree as we walked by. We were bummed we didn’t bring our camera. :-(
Red-tailed hawk (picture from here)So towards the end of the walk, we spotted another Bernese Mountain Dog. While we saw a lot of FB’s relatives out west, we haven’t seen too many in CT and MA. So we got to talking to Gus and his owner. Gus could have been FB's brother, just 50 pounds heavier (and taller). He had similar markings, they panted the same way, they sat the same way, and had other similar mannerisms. Adorable. Simply adorable.
Anyway, we asked where Gus came from and found out that he was from a breeder in NC (FB came from a breeder in PA). After we finished talking to Gus’ owner we remarked that we should look into the NC breeder if we were ever seriously going to think about getting another Berner. You have to be careful with overbreeding and hip problems with the breed. When we got home I looked up the website and almost died. Then I showed the website to CP who contacted them (without my knowledge). They then sent pictures like this:
And they are so freakin’ cute that I just want to EAT THEM. Or snuggle with them.
So I emailed CP back and asked if he was having fun torturing me. He said that he was. (Jerk) I did mention that if he happened to think that getting a puppy was a good idea, the email did say that there will be a litter in December. Even if we get pregnant this month then that leaves two months or so to train the puppy before a baby would show up (thinking that the puppy would be 8 weeks or so in Feb)… So the puppy would be potty trained by then (right? It’s been a looong time since I have had a puppy). And I would have two months or so at home with a puppy and a baby.
Okay so maybe that is a crazy plan, but I don’t seem to be getting pregnant any time soon so we might as well work on the puppy. Right? ;-)
Sadly, since we are currently on budget crackdown (aka Operation Spend No Money), I can't imagine that he actually contacted them to seriously inquire into getting a puppy. I mean it would make an AWESOME anniversary gift, birthday gift, Christmas gift, etc......
*FYI- posting may be light the rest of this week as I am away on business and don't know if I am going to have access to a computer.*
7 comments:
You do realize that you've just passed the torture on to the whole of the internet, right?
Ya big meanie.
Ohhhh...I want to eat those puppies right up! Too cute.
How cute are they! My hubs does the same thing, he will send me cute photos of puppies up for adoption just cause!
I saw a Burmese Mountain dog this weekend and there was one in Rosie's puppy class they are such sweethearts.
We have two dogs and they re more work than I though, don't get me wrong I love them to bits but walking one old dog and one puppy is difficult. It has only been the past few months that things calmed down.
Although, if we don't have a baby I will get another dog...eventually. but it does not help that the fair we went to had a greyhound adoption booth with such sweet dogs, and out neighbor has a great dane puppy and i saw the cutest calvalier. I am puppy crazy!
So stinking cute!!! How absolutely adorable.
Bernese Mtn dogs are my absolute faves (its OK, my Shepherd can't read), and especially the puppies...
Wilzie and I use to walk aroung the SPCA when we had nothing to do, but he had to put a stop to that when my whining turned into full-blown crying for not being able to take any of pets home with me
SO CUTE!
My cousins had Berners when we were growing upo-they were so good with us kids!
Aww, those are sweet puppies.
Post a Comment