Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.01.2011

The State of NSC- August 2011

A monthly take on my world.

Weight: 205- which means I gained weight again this month. I’m going to blame it on the processed food I had to eat during the power outage and the birth control pills that I had to take before my Lupron shot. Yep. That’s the ticket.

Current Feeling: OVERWHELMED. But hopefully that goes away tomorrow.

Running Stats in June
Total Miles Run: 5.5 miles
Time Spent Running: Nike+ is being a b*tch and won’t load but I am guessing a bit over an hour. Haven’t run since August 20th. I suck.
Longest Single Run: 1.9 miles

Current aches and pains: I am hobbling around these days not because of plantar fasciitis, but because of some mysterious pain on the outside of my left ankle. I have been noticing that I am rolling my ankle a bit (maybe due to wearing flip flops?) and so I am trying to make a conscious effort to change my stride. Sadly it doesn’t seem to be working.

Current Favorite Song: I keep singing “Moneygrabber” by Fitz and the Tantrums.

Looking forward to: VACATION. We leave tomorrow for two weekends of weddings and while that is not technically a vacation I DON’T CARE. I will be away from the office for a glorious 6 full work days and with CP’s family and then friends from law school. Here’s hoping hormonally-unbalanced NSC doesn’t come out on this trip… Speaking of which, I didn’t have enough time to write any posts in advance so you will just have to pine for my words until I get back. :-)

Annoyed about: The price of ONE shot. $1024 out of pocket for ONE shot. That still blows my mind. Also the price of where we have to board the dogs. Almost $100 A DAY until Wednesday. We have NEVER paid more than $25/day before (for one dog). The fact that it doubles because we are in CT? CRAZY.

Proud about: Uhhh that I am not bat-sh*t crazy yet? Because I only get one shot for the entire three months the side effects are going to be bad in the beginning but will taper off. The nurse who gave me the shot said that although it is a bigger dose, it’s better to get it once instead of once a month. Although I was hoping for a hot flash today at work because they have the AC turned up to ungodly levels…..

How are you feeling with the start of this new month?

2 comments:

Emilie said...

When we were gone for my wedding, my parents boarded their dog for 2 weeks for $200 total! I've lived here my entire life and can't stand how expensive it is, but it's home.

terra said...

Dog boarding is crazy expensive. I have a friend who lives near us but in a different town and he pays less for childcare, per day, then we pay for dog boarding. It's crazy.