Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.15.2011

Vacation pictures

Sadly, CP forgot his nice camera, so the only thing we had was my iPhone. I think that it still took some good pictures.




California




Mission Inn in Riverside was absolutely beautiful! CP's dad and new wife hosted a brunch for all of the wedding guests here on Sunday morning. (Yesterday when I was catching up on "Bachelor Pad" I saw that one of the couples had a date here!)





Barker Dam hike in Joshua Tree National Park


Joshua Tree National Park







A Joshua Tree






View of San Jacinto Mountain (in Joshua Tree NP)





Chollo Cactus. There were warnings everywhere to not get too close as getting the spikes out of your clothes body is a very painful process!





Chollo Cactus garden in Joshua Tree NP. I had never been down to the southern section of the park and it was completely different!






Santa Rosa and San Jacinto National Monument hike. We kept seeing these plants and thought they were so cool.







Santa Rosa and San Jacinto National Monument hike




Northern Santa Rosa Mountains





Colorado



Air Force Academy chapel in Colorado Springs. The Academy is open to the public and seemed to be having reunion weekend while we were there.




Inside the Air Force Academy chapel.





The ceiling of the Air Force Academy chapel. It was really neat inside.

2 comments:

Alice said...

gorgeous! that chapel is really interesting & beautiful - not like anything else i've seen.

also: i'm super happy with my droid phone and think it's just as good as an iphone..... in everything EXCEPT its photo abilities. iphone pics always look outstanding!!

Amy Jo said...

Great pics. That chapel is beautiful and I'm sure it was stunning in real life.