Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.05.2011

Restless

This weekend I felt restless. Walking was just not cutting it.

On Thursday CP and I had taken the dogs for a walk and let them off their leashes at a park. I started to jog to get the dogs to run around a little more and lo and behold, it didn’t hurt! So on Saturday I decided that I would go out for a jog to see how it felt. Technically I am not supposed to run for another two weeks but I was feeling pretty good.

I decided to start allllll the way back at the beginning. Week 1, Day 1 of Couch to 5K. I haven’t truly been consistently running since MAY when I ran the half marathon, so there was no need to kill myself. Plus I figured that if my body could handle it, I would try to run at a 10 minute/mile pace instead of my usual 11.

I’m proud to say I DID IT!! With no pain near any of my incisions! The only pain I felt was afterwards- in my heels of course. This plantar fasciitis is killing me! It’s already been a year of pain….maybe it’s time to think about the boot that I can wear at night…

Oh yeah that is sexy- aka poor CP


I stretched out when I got home but was definitely sore yesterday and was sore when I woke up today. Today during lunch I ran Week 1, Day 2 and it also didn’t hurt.

I guess I should start thinking about goals. Three days a week of running through winter? What will be my first race back?

1 comment:

terra said...

Yay! Glad you were able to get a run it - I bet it felt great to do something after such a long period of recovery.