Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.20.2012

My new love

Meet my new love:



Yes, that is the new Starbucks Refresher drink (Hibiscus flavor).  It is made from green coffee beans (i.e before they are roasted), which means the caffeine is still there, but not the flavor.

My entire life I have hated the taste and smell of coffee.  The bitter flavor (well, smell because I refuse to taste it) churns my stomach.  No coffee for me meant that late nights in college led to sleeping in class or pounding Red Bulls and/or soda.  No coffee in law school meant that late nights studying led to sleepiness in class and being in a general fog sometimes.  Coffee sure would have helped me study for exams and the bar!

But now, as a non-coffee drinker, I have something to drink at Starbucks other than Hot Chocolate, Caramel Apple Spice, or Chai Tea Latte!

The drink is tasty- I can taste a tiny hint of coffee flavor in the aftertaste, but it is so miniscule that even I don't mind it.  I bought the 5 pack of VIA packets to put in my purse in case I have the urge to fall asleep at work.  :-)  And I can only imagine how much better this drink is going to make my drive out to Chicago.  I'm probably going to have to pee a lot, but I'm sure this drink is better for my teeth than sugary Red Bull or Coke Zero.

Starbucks, from a non-coffee drinker, I thank you!!

Have you tried the new Refresher drink at Starbucks?


***I was not asked to review nor sent samples of the Refresher drink to review.***

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to know! I've been eyeing them, but I do love coffee so I usually go for the dark stuff.

Tia said...

I just saw this at Starbucks the other day. We almost bought the packet, but at 5.95 for 5 it was a bit too pricey. Might try it now that you say it is so good!

Amy Jo said...

Good to know...I HATE coffee!!

JustMe said...

I'm not a big Starbucks girl, unless it's the fall and they're doing those Pumpkin Space Lattes. THEN I'M THERE EVERY DAY.

EB said...

Ha! I'm glad you liked it. My work starbucks was pushing those drinks on us last week when they debuted here. I wasn't having any of it though. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon for me! Also, second the pumpkin spice latte love. I get a little teary when that comes back every fall.