Monday morning CP headed off to work while I took Izzy to her lip tie appointment. We took her to an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor in early February which turned out to be a waste of time. The doctor referred us to a nearby dentist who does the lip tie procedure with a laser. The procedure only takes three minutes, there is minimal bleeding, no risk of infection, and Izzy is awake the whole time. If a doctor did the procedure they would have had to put Izzy under general anesthesia, she would have sutures and bleeding, etc. No thanks! The only downside to doing the laser procedure was that it wasn't covered by insurance. However, it was worth it.
I sat down in the dentist chair and had to hold her arms down while she lay on my chest. She was not a happy camper throughout the procedure, but stopped crying fairly soon afterwards. The office had a room that I could take her afterwards to breastfeed her and she ate willingly. She was quiet on the drive home and as long as that continued, the plan was to take her to daycare for the half day. I gave her one dose of Tylenol for the pain but since then she has been a trooper and hasn't needed any more pain medication. Other than a swollen upper lip, she is back to normal.
I felt like an AWFUL mother when I dropped her off. The poor girl has a cold, just went through a traumatic lip tie procedure, and would now spend the afternoon in the company of strangers. I got in the car and cried my eyes out as I drove home. It was definitely hard to concentrate the rest of the day. She was completely fine when I picked her up and was in a good mood yesterday as well. Starting daycare has definitely been tougher on me than her.
For the most part, I will be the one picking her up at night and not dropping her off so at least I get the smiles at pick-up. I look forward to that all day long at work. Thank goodness for my phone where I have a ton of pictures and videos to get me through the day as well. I know this gets better- I'm sure it will help to get in more of a routine too.
![]() |
| My future is so bright- I've gotta wear shades! |

4 comments:
What a little trooper she is! The laser surgery definitely sounds better than having sutures. I know it must be so hard to have your baby at daycare, but I'm sure it will get easier over time.
I can only imagine how hard it must be to leave your hard-fought-for baby at daycare, but I'm sure it'll get better (at least everyone says so).
And she looks adorable with those sunglasses!
It is definitely hard to leave our little one at daycare!! Especially in the beginning. I can only imagine how much harder it would have been if I had had to go back to work when Paxlet was Izzy's age.
It does get better. Especially when they do so well at daycare and (seem to) enjoy it. At least it has made it easier for me. But do know, 6 months in, there are still difficult days and some regret and sadness.
*hugs* You'll do well!
I think it would be incredibly hard to leave my little ones. Our three month mark is next week and as of right now we are hoping that I can continue staying home, although it is super super right to pay the bills! You are most definitely NOT a bad mommy! Sounds like she is a real tough cookie.
Aren't baby sunglasses the best? I think they look so adorable!
Post a Comment