Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.02.2014

Weight milestone

Quick post because I am already two days late in posting Izzy's 5 month update. 

I have been stuck at a certain weight for a while now and it has been frustrating. I should be burning more calories these days simply from breastfeeding. I'm also not spending my nights in front of the tv like I used to. I may not be exercising during that time, but I am tidying the house up or doing something to get ready for the next day. I am not dieting (a no-no while breastfeeding) and while I could be eating a bit better, I am still eating fairly healthy.

I took two weeks off from running because CP was in Thailand and I was sick/exhausted so I thought that wouldn't help matters. I went on a 2.5 mile run yesterday after work and was happy to have no uterine pain during or after the run. Yay! 

Maybe the exercise break helped push my body to lose some weight because when I stepped on the scale this morning I weighed 198! This may not be a big deal to some of you but I don't think that I have weighed in the 100s for a while. In fact, when I went to try to find the last time that I weighed less than 200, I think it was all the way back in July of 2011 after running the half marathon. My earliest entry in My Fitness Pal is from Feb 2012 and it shows a weight of 215. The last monthly weigh-in I did on the blog was June of 2012 and I weighed 214. I think I stopped the monthly posts because I was sad and embarrassed to be writing on a monthly basis that I was over 200 pounds and I essentially had stopped exercising so it wasn't going to get much better.

I am super excited about this latest weigh-in. That means that I am finally out of the "obese" BMI category and in the "overweight" category (I'm 5'9"). Still not where I want to be but better. Frankly it would be nice to be 175 pounds again like I was around our wedding and for a good year or so afterwards.....but as of right now I don't have a particular goal in mind. Just to continue to lose weight and eat healthy so that if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again, I start out healthier than I did with Izzy.

Yay!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

Way to go! Nice job on the consistent weight loss.

Aramis said...

Congrats! I'm just about to write a blog post in the other direction...stuck in a horrible demotivating plateau. This makes me feel like I can get through it!

Breathe Gently said...

YAY!!! Congratulations chick. I am also the same as you - finally hit the <200lb mark after working my butt off since January. High five, sister!

JenS said...

I have been frustrated with not being able to lose the last of my pregnancy weight. I thought with all the milk I was producing it wouldn't be a problem. Then I read somewhere that your body needs fat to produce milk so it actually will hold onto some. I read lots of comments from women who said they couldn't lose the rest of the weight they wanted to lose until they stopped breastfeeding. I don't know how true that all is, but I want to believe it ;) Congrats on hitting that milestone!