Oh man. I am no longer 18 any more. This weekend I headed out to NYC for a fun weekend with college friends. CP decided not to go because he had been traveling so much so he stayed home with Izzy. Most of the other husbands decided not to join us as well so it was a fun girls weekend in which I drank far too much.
Friday night at our last stop of the night we went to a gay bar called Flaming Saddles. Instead of women dancing on the bar, it was gay men and it was hilarious. They got really into it!
Needless to say, after being out until 3am Friday night, we rallied and started drinking again at 11am on Saturday morning. Yesterday I ate breakfast but felt awful the entire day. Didn't eat lunch. Didn't eat dinner. Went to bed at 9pm. Today I am feeling better, but man does alcohol do a number on this 35-year-old body!
Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

9 comments:
I hear you on this one! J and I had a date night a couple of weeks ago at an event with free wine...it was great fun until the hangover the next morning! :)
Whew, yes, just reading that made me tired!
I've never been able to do the "out until 3am, drink again the next day" thing, even when I was 19! Look at you go!
I know -- I'm living vicariously through you, while home in my pyjamas. I feel like I haven't been able to go out like that in many many many years.
YES! Being over 35 myself I have noticed that my ability to tie one on has diminished, and the next-day punishments are greater. So unfair, although honestly I'd rather have a night in anyway now. :) That sounded like an AMAZING night though! Ah, NYC and the late closing times...
PS, love the video! So much fun!
Ahaha! I love this! Sorry you weren't feeling well at the end of your weekend, but yaaay for such a good time. And you're such a trooper. I would not have been able to hang!
Drinking in the morning (after a hard night) would have been my death-knell! A friend who is a geneticist told me once that our alcohol-metabolising gene kicks in twice a day - around 6 pm, and at lunchtime. But at lunchtime, it works only at half strength. Explained a lot to me. (I hope it's true!)
Wow! Out till 3am and then started again the next morning? That's impressive! I've never been to NY but that is definitely something I want to do someday. Glad you were able to enjoy a night away.
Post a Comment