(Blogging through my phone so the formatting may be weird.)
On Monday CP and I both went to get re-tested for CMV. We both had positive results and my levels actually went up since April (argh!). My primary care doctor says that the test shows that we both have immunity and that it is not a good indication of when I got CMV. I asked CP to call the infectious disease doctor to discuss the latest results with him. We both tested positive in April so it should be gone by now.....
In the meantime I went into the RE to get bloodwork and ultrasound. I'm fairly certain the cyst I had ruptured on Friday night because I was in a lot of pain; by Monday it was gone. My lining is still fairly thick (7.3) but it's at least under 8.
I only have 3 antral follicles which scares the crap out of me. For our 2013 cycle I had 9 so it worries me that If we do go forward I won't produce a lot of follicles/eggs. Anyone have any positive stories about a small number of antral follicles? Otherwise my hormones are looking good.
CP has to turn in a sperm sample this week and I stay on birth control until I have my next baseline on Tuesday. If everything looks okay I would start Lupron. That is, if this cycle can even start with the CMV results.....
10 comments:
Oh those CMV test results are frustrating! Let us know what the infectious disease Dr says. Good news that you don't have any cysts though!
Oh those CMV test results are frustrating! Let us know what the infectious disease Dr says. Good news that you don't have any cysts though!
Very frustrating news. Hoping CP's doctor hass some insight.
i just looked up CMV since I was completely clueless. From what I've been reading, loads of us already (silently) have it, but it can be damaging to newborns. No bueno.
BUT. How come my ob/gyn doesn't/didn't test me for CMV? Is it because there's nothing you can do about it? But if that's the case, what do you gain from being tested? IS there something you can do if you have it? (And if so should I be tested / doing something?!?)
Oh man, I'm sorry about the CMV results. That has to be frustrating! Glad everything else seems to be lining up and hoping you are able to move forward. Good luck!
Ugh, that is so frustrating about the CMV. I hope the infectious disease doctor clarifies and you're able to move forward!
Sorry to hear about both the CMV and the AFC. I did have a few extra follicles pop up during stimming that weren't there to start with. Of course my eggs were crap, but that hasn't been the case with you. I hope you get some good news.
This all sounds so stressful! I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending positive vibes your way!
Sorry to hear about the CMV. That sounds so frustrating. Hope that you'll be able to move forward this summer!
Argh, I hope the next check goes more positively! The lining sounded good though... I will be hoping for just some unadulterated good news for you next check. It must be so frustrating to be put on hold for so long.
Post a Comment