Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.31.2015

Microblog Mondays: Neighbors




The night before we left for WI I got a last-minute invite over to a new neighbor's house to just hang out and drink some wine. It ended up being just three of us talking and drinking until after midnight.

I didn't know much about this new neighbor other than she is recently divorced and has a 6 year old daughter. The other neighbor that was there has been around for a bit longer and has a 5 year old son and boy/girl 3 year old twins.

As we got to talking, it came out that all three of us had undergone IVF treatments. I have found my people and they live only a few houses away! I'm sort of kidding but it was so nice to talk to these ladies and know that they know exactly what we have been through. They even offered to give me PIO shots if CP is out of town. :-)



Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how many people I know who used IVF or other infertility treatments to conceive. Such a small world. It's wonderful that you were able to find some other people so close by who could relate to those things (not wonderful that any of us have to get IVF, but wonderful that there are people who can understand...).

internetg33k said...

Sounds like you've found yourself the perfect neighborhood. :)

KelBel said...

Wow! How exciting that a last minute invite turned into finding such great people! :)

Jess said...

Oh wow, that is some serious kismet! It really is such a small world, and makes you realize just how common an experience this uncommon experience is. People who will give you PIO shots... now that's gold! Congratulations on finding your people in your neighbors, so closeby.

Jen said...

Such a blessing when neighbours become friends. I often joke with my friends we should buy up a neighbourhood somewhere to ensure we have support next door!

RiverOwl said...

That is so cool for you all! Through reading your blog I hope I've become a lot more sensitive to people discussing babies etc. Just in case.

RiverOwl said...

That is so cool for you all! Through reading your blog I hope I've become a lot more sensitive to people discussing babies etc. Just in case.

RiverOwl said...

That is so cool for you all! Through reading your blog I hope I've become a lot more sensitive to people discussing babies etc. Just in case.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

While you don't want anyone else to have gone through IF, it is so nice to have those people close by. People who get it.

Anonymous said...

OH glad you made some new friends who understand you in an unexpected way! Nice for the PIO shot offer. I need someone like that in the future when we find a new donor again. I think that Bob would faint doing the injections for me.

Gypsy Mama said...

Wow, what are the chances? I find knowing someone went through infertility makes me instantly feel more of a connection.

Noemi said...

So awesome! What an amazing gift to have found these women so close to home. I'm jealous! No one on my block even speaks English...

Jess said...

Oh, this is great! I'm so glad you've found your people... right down the street!

Amber said...

First, that is so awesome that you have neighbors you can get together with and have such open conversations. Second, amazing that you have such a connection right there in your neighborhood! What a gift, especially if they end up needing to give you PIO shots!