I would like to skip to the end of the month of August where hopefully our house remodel is complete and there is one less thing on our plate. This weekend I was so excited to move back into our house, despite the fact that the work is not complete. Our general contractor and subs were able to get the house in good enough shape in two days for us to move in (on Wednesday I joked on Facebook that we were going to need a Property Brothers-esque miracle.) There is only one part of the project that is fully complete though- our only full bathroom (obviously a very important part).
The most exciting part of the weekend was that our new treadmill was delivered! We need to get a mat to put underneath the machine so that it doesn't scratch up the new basement floor but I am so, so excited!
But, in the midst of that excitement we can't find ANYTHING. Izzy's treasured Pooh Bear pillow that she sleeps on every night was missing for two nights (found this morning looking for something else), CP's razor was missing until this morning, and I still can't find my computer cord for my work laptop. We can't really start to unpack stuff in most of the rooms because they are still working on them (argh).
Adding to the chaos, yesterday Wes had a concerning red rash show up on his stomach. Because CP is still new at his job, I of course had to be the one to take him into walk-in hours this morning. Thank goodness it was a viral rash which is contagious....but as soon as you start to see the red bumps it is no longer contagious which means I could drop him off at daycare- SCORE! Poor guy was irritable so I did feel bad dropping him off but I would literally have no place for him to go in our house and no food since we have no appliances in our kitchen.
Mama needs some wine tonight.
Want to read more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

8 comments:
Glad it is nothing serious. I hope you find Pooh bear quickly!
Moving is so hard! I know you're just moving back into your own house, but still, so hard when you aren't settled and don't know where anything is. We've been in our new house for over a month now, and there's still lots of unpacking to be done! Hopefully the contractors will finish on schedule and it won't take too long for you to settle back in. Glad Wes's rash wasn't anything major to be concerned about.
I hope you have your space and routine back soon! Good job on the small victories.
Sending a lot of deep breaths for getting through this month. It sucks to be out of sorts in your own space, even if you know you'll love the space more when they're done.
That sounds awful! Hang in there- it is worth the chaos!!
I bet he has Roseola! That's what one of my twins has currently.
Yay for being back in the house. hope the chaos settles quickly
Lord, beer you strength.
xox
Post a Comment