Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.10.2017

Stitch Fix review- box #1

Hey everyone! I feel like it has been forever since I have posted and I have so much to talk about, but I wanted to get this post up so that I could get some feedback on the items that I received. I think that the stylist did a pretty good job considering I had less than 10 items posted on my Pinterest board. Let me know what you think about my first box!


First blouse I tried on was a Paper Moon super cute pattern and fit well. I can wear it with jeans or capris at home or wear it to work so it was a solid piece.
Verdict: Keeping



Second shirt was too big in the midsection. I don't like tight things because of my c-section pouch, but I also don't like billowy shirts because they don't do me any favors. The shirt was also too big in the arm holes  and my bra showed.
Verdict: Will be returned






I wanted to keep the next shirt because I thought it could be a cute top over leggings, but it was too big and not flattering. Sometimes I think that I can pull off horizontal stripes but this was not one of those times. I did like the feel of the fabric though- it was super soft.
Verdict: Will be returned







Next up was a pencil skirt that I had requested in the fix for work. The material was stretchy which I like so that my movement is not too restricted. The pattern was also cute. The skirt is super comfortable and while I think that it is a little expensive for what it is ($78), I liked it enough to keep it (I'm wearing it to work today!).
Verdict: Keeping





Finally I tried on the maxi dress. I absolutely loved the pattern. When i first tried it on I wasn't sure I liked where the waist hit because the bottom part seems to stick out in a bad place on my body (i.e. it makes my stomach look bigger than it is). But I walked into the kitchen and Izzy dramatically inhaled and said "Mommy I love your dress! I want that dress when I get bigger." Even CP said that it looked nice and even looked better than the other maxi dress I have in my closet. What do you guys think? I like how I don't have to worry about my bra showing at all and I do really love the pattern. Maybe I just need to get some spanx and do a better job of sucking in my stomach??
Verdict: still not sure




As I said, I'm pretty impressed that my stylist (Monica) did such a good job with the patterns, colors, etc. because I am pretty picky about my clothes. I had heard that SF was not great for those of us that are not stick figures, but so far, so good. Either 2 or 3 out of 5 isn't bad and it was certainly fun to have a box of clothes to try on when we got back from vacation!

If there is anyone out there that hasn't tried SF and would like to, click on this link which will give me a $25 credit when you sign up. 

7 comments:

Syl said...

I like the maxi dress on you!

torthĂșil said...

Fun! I agree with all your comments on the clothes. I do like the maxi dress; I think it's flattering and I don't see anything bulgy. I also like that neckline in dresses because I don't like my bra to show. But if you're not sure, maybe stylist can find a dress that suits you even better?

BabyBlueSunday said...

I love the dress on you! (I love the skirt too, I wish I had that!)

Tia said...

Love the pieces you kept! I say nay on the maxi dress, because I can see your bra in the side view.

Anonymous said...

I like your pics, and the maxi dress, too! Overall this seems like a cool service, will check it out (though probably hard to use if one lives outside the US, I'm guessing)

Jess said...

I don't see this stomach issue with the dress you speak of, it looks AMAZING! I see no figure issues in it at all, and I love that it's a wrap style top that covers the ladies well. I love the maxi dress. Keep it, for sure! The skirt is cute too, love the pattern, and the first top was awesome. I was actually thinking that the second top might be a good one for me, heh heh heh. I actually have that grey striped sweater, but it seems to fit differently -- it's not long enough on me to wear with leggings and it's cute, although I'm a bit too fluffy to wear it at the moment (and it's too hot). I LOVE Stitch Fix. Definitely be brutally honest in your feedback when you return/check out, because that truly does make each fix better. I've had the same stylist for over 10 fixes over two years, Melissa, and she is AMAZING. Still some trouble comprehending the sheer voluminousness of my chest, but I've gotten some real cute pants, dresses, a skirt, and some tops that didn't keep me from breathing. :) Enjoy! I hope you get referrals, those are lovely to discover as credits in your account.

Risa Kerslake said...

Oh my gosh, I love that maxi dress! I've been debating about SF, because I think it would be fun to go outside my comfort level and try on things I never would think of.