I have been pretty lazy recently, but here I go with bullets again!
- This weekend CP and I are going to be KID-FREE for the first time since our 5 year anniversary trip to Santa Fe back in October of 2014. We aren't going far- just downtown Chicago- but I have been looking forward to this weekend for MONTHS as a way for us to slow down and reconnect. Tonight we will be checking out Little Goat Diner (one of Stephanie Izard's restaurants- she is from Top Chef) for dinner. Tomorrow we have Hamilton matinee tickets and dinner at Mercat a la Planxa, a tapas restaurant that CP picked out. We will probably try to fit in an arts festival at some point as well. Sunday we will meet up with my parents (my mom will have been with the kids all weekend), my sister and her husband for brunch and will have to resume parenting duties at that time. But we are looking forward to some kid-free time!!
- Wes had a successful ear tube surgery on Tuesday morning. We got up super early and he was a bit cranky until after his afternoon nap, but overall was a trooper. I am crossing my fingers that this means he won't have very many ear infections going forward.
 |
| Prior to surgery. I sent this picture to CP and titled it "living up to his Chunk nickname" |
- Yesterday morning on the car ride into school Izzy started talking about death. Ummm she is only 3.5 years old?!? It was sort of an awkward conversation because I think that the entire concept is over her head and I also didn't want to scare her. After a few minutes I was able to distract her when we drove by a water fountain. Man, these long car rides to/from our rental house and daycare make for interesting conversations to say the least.
- I made my first cup of coffee EVER yesterday while I was working from home. Luckily there were still some espresso coffee grinds from the last time CP made his coffee so I was able to use those to make a single shot cappuccino with milk froth and some hot chocolate mix for a homemade cafe mocha (I got CP an espresso/cappuccino maker for his birthday earlier this month). HA! I was pretty proud of myself and it wasn't half bad.
 |
| After drinking most of my concoction |
- A little more than one more month in our rental place and I am ready to be OUT. Insulation in the new rooms is complete and drywall is up, along with the siding on the new sections. Hopefully now things will start to speed up!
Have a great weekend everyone!
3 comments:
Enjoy your kid free weekend! I'm on my own tonight and it feels strange! Glad Wes rocked his ear tubes!
Have a great weekend sans kids! Oh, Wes is so adorable in those kitty scrubs, those CHEEKS! I feel like that 3-4 age is a little creepy, all my friends' kids asked about death and seemed to see things on some other plane or something. Maybe it's the imagination taking flight but it's a strange age! :) I'm glad construction is moving right along. I hope you can move back in soon and enjoy your new space!
I hope you had a great trip, and that the tubes help Wes. Glad you found a way to make coffee that you can tolerate!
Post a Comment