Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.02.2017

Halloween

I worked a 13 hour day today and don't foresee work slowing down while I am down here in TX so any posts from me will likely be picture-heavy.

First up? Carving our pumpkins. We have to wait until close to actual Halloween because otherwise the squirrels destroy them.

This year Izzy was willing to scoop out the seeds 

She has also been obsessed with putting temporary tattoos all over her arms

She requested a smiley spider, so this is what I came up with

The night of my 15K, we went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens to check out their 1000 carved pumpkins. Here are some of the amazing ones that we saw:

Dragon breathing fire

The solar system

Go Cubbies!

On Tuesday the kids wore their costumes to school. Izzy and Wes saw each other and one of Izzy's teachers was able to catch this adorable picture:




Tuesday night I rushed home from work so that we could start trick or treating at 5pm. CP had worked from home because he was nursing strep throat and pinkeye.


Wes the garden gnome

Izzy Spiderman (she refused to wear her mask)
The kids had a great time trick or treating. We walked around with two of Izzy's friends from school and she was super excited that they could join us. I pulled Wesley around in a wagon and let him get a few pieces of candy. 

3 comments:

Risa Kerslake said...

So cute!!!! Those pumpkins are amazing!

Amber said...

I don't think they could be any cuter in their costumes! And wow, those pumpkins are AMAZING!

jAllen said...

Did you do that spider without a pattern? WOW