Well, it has been one week since I got engaged and I'm already ready to elope. BF and I want a fall wedding, preferably in the mountains of NH. Supposedly, this is one of the most popular times to have a wedding in New England as everyone wants to have their wedding during leaf peeping season. So, a lot of the places that we are looking at only have one of our dates open or some of them, no dates at all (we gave them a choice of three).
Not only that, but everything is so GD expensive. A wedding is ONE DAY. Yes, I would love for a nice wedding, but the fact that one has to spend $30,000 on ONE DAY is ricockulous.* One place that I knew would be out of our price range was just $27,000 to rent the reception hall, an outdoor area for the ceremony, and proposed food and alcohol costs. HA HA HA HA HA.
Sorry for the rant. I probably should have waited a few weeks to start planning my wedding instead of jumping right in. That way I wouldn't have become a bitter bride-to-be just yet.
*This is my word that signifies that something has gone above and beyond ridonkulous.
6 comments:
i would have eloped given the chance...we went ahead & did the whole wedding thing & it turned out to be a really nice (at least from what i was told - for us it was a blur). just enjoy the ride because it goes by so fast. the best part is that you get to be with your best friend through it all ;-)
I'd love a spectacular wedding, but our budget at most is going to be a couple grand. Like...two. It's going to be tight but hopefully it'll be a great party with family and friends, celebrating us. That's all I really care about.
Though I'm not going to lie, NH in th fall sounds AMAZING.
I totally had my wedding for about 2000 dollars. It was small. It was in my sister's back yard. It was not a grand party. It was not super fancy.
But it was everything that we dreamed it would be. You can make it happen your way. With or without money. ;)
Oh, I hear ya honey. We started looking at venues the week we got back from our engagement vacation. And the place we loved? Was booked in October. But, I was persistent and kept going back to look (because it was just so right for our event). And wouldn't you know, someone backed out. And I happened to be there to snag it immediately. So, if you guys really like a location (and are willing to dish out the $$$$ for it), then book your space now. You'll be relieved once you do ... and then there's some time to hang back before the rest of your planning takes place. Email me offline if you have any questions. I can tell you what to book asap versus what can wait.
I know the feeling. We're not even engaged yet and we've been talking about where to have the wedding but what would the budget be and the reality of the situation.
It is a bit disheartening when the reality of money (or lack there of) does not match with your dream.
But there is a silver lining because you have time and options and things tend to fall into place no matter what.
Just remember to breath...and have a drink every now and them
Go to Vegas! LOL That's how I'm gonna do IF I ever do it!
Post a Comment