This weekend was a fun first weekend in DC. Friday night my maid of honor J and I tried to hit a bridal store in an effort to check out bridesmaid dresses, but didn't check the hours so ended up having only five minutes to look around the store. Whoops. J has now left for a short vacation so hopefully we can get back to the bridal store later this week.
Saturday morning I woke up and headed over to a friend's house for pre-Cherry Blossom Parade mimosas. We unfortunately missed the Grand Marshal of the parade, Alex Trebek, but had fun watching the last hour or so anyway. From there we fought crowds near the Tidal Basin and had a late lunch. The sun and the early drinking completely wiped me out. At least my weird tan lines have faded away!!
Yesterday I had to run some errands, including stopping by one of my favorite stores DSW. I ended up buying more than I originally went in for (that place is like Target!!). My purchases:

I seem to walk around a lot at work these days and my current work shoes are hurting my knees. I'm hoping these will be a bit better...
Every year I get a new pair of Tevas. They are the MOST comfortable flip flops for my feet.
I didn't go into DSW for these shoes, but as soon as I saw them, I thought that they would be perfect for my commuting walk both here in DC and when I get back to MA. They are seriously comfortable and I don't have to lace them up every morning!

So I need a new purse for the spring/ summer. I bought this purse, but I am not completely sold on it. What do you guys think?
3 comments:
I am glad that you had a good and busy first weekend.
I like that bag, I can see it being a spring and summer bag wtih the greens and yellow but it can work in the fall with the reds.
Hi! I just found your blog from Another Excuse to Procrastinate :) I'm really glad you're enjoying your time in DC - I used to live there! I'm totally loving your shoe purchases, especially the tevas (I love tevas so much).
Oh - and by the way, I think the purse is totally cute :D
I look forward to reading more of your blog! Enjoy the cherry blossoms :)
Thanks Deva! Have any ideas for things that I absolutely NEED to do while I am here in DC?
Post a Comment