Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.23.2009

Poor thing

Oh poop. One of my very good friends from law school did not pass the IL February bar. :-( It makes me wonder if not taking it last summer with the rest of us played a big part in her not passing. You can certainly lose a lot of knowledge between graduation in May and early January when you start bar classes. My friend is ridiculously smart too- she knows 5 languages and decided to pick up Russian while we were in law school!

It seriously makes me wonder how the h*ll I passed the bar?!? It also makes me feel a bit guilty as a couple of my friends that have not passed want to actually practice law…where as I have already gone inactive with my state!*

Just another reason I feel grateful that I passed the first time and will never have to take a bar exam again!


*I wasn’t planning on going inactive, but I am not an attorney or dispensing legal advice at my job. If I was to stay active, I would have to take CLE (continuing legal education) credits- which means taking time off work and would have to pay $300/ year more than I currently do in fees. I do use my legal education/ analytical thinking every day though……

3 comments:

Christina said...

The BF took and passed the Bar in IL a few years ago. apparently it is a very hard test( but aren't they all)) He was the only one out of his study group to pass.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

We have a friend who didn't pass the bar last summer, but did pass it in February. I think each situation is very unique. Even smart people have off days from time to time.

Fannie said...

Out of the 3 of us (me & my two friends) .. only 1 passed the first time. It was really difficult for everyone, but I'm sure it's better when you're the one who passes the first time :)