People often ask if I feel any different now that we are married. I answer honestly- that it really doesn’t feel different from when we lived together before marriage! I do have two lovely rings that I still look at in amazement. I love checking out CP’s left hand and seeing his ring on his finger.
We bought our first house together. While a bigger mortgage than what we were paying in rent in MA means less “free” money every month, my shorter commute has done wonders for my moods when I get home. The availability of more restaurants and the variety reminds us of the bigger cities we have lived in before. And the possibility of meeting people our age through a “new to town” club makes me happy.
We recently made the decision to get a Fuzzy Britches clone puppy. We found a breeder in CT that just had puppies last week. She already sent pictures (Kate- don’t worry I am not posting them yet) and every puppy is adorable. We hope to be able to take FB to meet the puppies in about three weeks. That means we could have a puppy at home with us around Thanksgiving. Yay!
We made the decision to try to get pregnant. While that hasn’t worked out so far (as and of this morning, we will have to try again next month *sigh*), we are trying to have a good attitude about it. No crying. No yelling. No tense conversations. While I hope that our family dynamic changes in a big way during the next year of our marriage, I know that we will survive if it doesn’t.
CP, I know that you don’t read this, nor do you know about this blog (thank goodness), but I love you from the bottom of my heart. Here’s to our future and the adventures that await us!
13 comments:
Congratulations on a year! Here's to the first of many :-)
Happy Aniversary and many more1
Happy anniversary! Fingers crossed that this will be your month for the pregnancy, too.
So sweet! Happy anniversary.
Congratulations on your first year of marriage! May there be many, many more! And I promise not to be too mad when you post puppy picture!
Congrats! what a great tribute to a wonderful year! hope this year is just as good and even better
Wilzie and I have been together for 10, and it still feels as good did in that first year. Congrats to you and CP!
Congrats, you two! It sounds like your first year of marriage was full of exciting things and you have a lot to look forward to in the year(s) to come! Enjoy your anniversary. :-)
Congrats! That's a pretty good year, I'd say! Here's to the next 50 :D
Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys did something fun to celebrate!
aw, what a GORGEOUS photo! congrats to you guys :)
Congratulations on a year! That's a big deal, lady, and y'all have done SO MUCH this year alone!
Good for you! You're about 6 months ahead of me in everything. We'll be one year in April...are in the midst of looking for a house and are planning to try getting pregnant once we're in the house and settled. :)
Post a Comment