Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.09.2010

Tuesday bullets

Only bullets today…..

*Remember the “party house” neighbors only two doors down? Well, we finally met them and ended up hanging out with them both Friday and Saturday night. They were nice, but CP and I agreed that despite being the same age as us, they are in a different place in their lives. Not that we won’t hang out with them, but they are engaged and partying like they are in their early 20s. If I get knocked up I’m sure they are not going to be banging down our door to hang out. :-)

*I used a Groupon on Saturday to get a much needed pedicure and manicure. I hadn’t had either since my wedding over a year ago! It was three hours (yes THREE HOURS) of bliss. I wish that I could do that more often….

*The ridonkulous problem with the Holiday Inn Express has not been resolved. Despite calling the customer service line and filing an official complaint, the general manager refuses to refund our money. I have now called my credit card company to dispute the charge AND filed a BBB complaint AND posted a review on Trip Advisor. I simply don’t understand why they are not refunding our money! I will certainly never stay at a Holiday Inn Express again!

*I read a lot of blogs and Facebook postings complaining about infants not getting the point of daylight savings time (i.e. not letting their parents sleep in the extra hour). Well, I can say the same thing about Fuzzy Britches. With the lighter mornings, she has been waking up earlier than my alarm to nose us because she thinks that it is time to eat and go out NOW. Not cool FB!

*CP has been receiving a subscription to Parenting magazine lately. At first we thought that it was one of his groomsmen sending it to us as a joke. When asked, the groomsman denied any knowledge of the gift subscription. We can’t figure out the culprit…..

*The rest of this week I will be relaxing in Chicago. I can’t wait to hang out with friends and family! It has been over a year since I have seen my parents and that is simply unacceptable. It is my Dad’s 60th birthday so we are throwing him a surprise party on Saturday night. CP and I are the ones that have to get him out of the condo and keep him occupied while food gets made and the guests arrive. *Crossing my fingers that the surprise does not get ruined!*

*Relaxing in Chicago= no blog posting because I won’t be near a computer. Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

4 comments:

Jess said...

I know that Destination Maternity subscribes you to Parenting magazine when you buy something there. Did you buy a gift there or something? Maybe the magazine has the same deal with other baby-oriented stores so if he bought a baby shower gift or something, that could explain it.

I can't believe Holiday Inn Express! Good for you for disputing the charge and filing the complaint. Unbelievable that national chains like this don't understand basic customer service principles.

Christina said...

You chose the perfect week to ve here in Chicago, it is in the low 70s....that is until Friday then it will be in the 40s.

Enjoy your time here!

Anonymous said...

That HI Express has me very angry! Did you notify HI about the charge or just the individual hotel? I cannot believe they are being so difficult!
Have a wonderful visit in Chicago

Meg said...

Have a great weekend! Hope the surprise is awesome :D