Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.04.2010

Ridonkulous

Update on yesterday's post. To my surprise, one of our friends did respond to the email (not me though! Silence was my tactic as to not stir up trouble/add to her attention-seeking ways.). Her response basically said that he should leave his wife before starting a new relationship. If he is not going to leave her, then CS should move on.

----------------------------------------------------

Right now I am hopping mad at Holiday Inn Express. Their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Here is the story….I made a hotel reservation for my 10 year reunion at HIE. After talking to J, we realized that she was probably going to arrive a few hours before me. I called the hotel to add her to the reservation so that she could get into our hotel room before CP and I arrived. I was told she was added to my reservation.

That Friday she arrived and was able to check in with no problems. Because she showed up first, she had to put her credit card down. We spent the weekend there and we decided to leave the room on her card and I would send a check.

I check my credit card balance yesterday and oddly enough, there is a charge for half of the hotel room. J informs me that the entire balance showed up on her credit card.

Okay well this should be simple enough to get taken off, right? I called the hotel and informed the woman that we had been double billed. She then informed me that we had two different reservations and that I was a no-show for my reservation. That is why I got charged for the first night. Ummm but we didn’t book two rooms. I called and added J to my room. She was able to see the note in the computer adding J to my reservation. I informed her that I never made a second reservation and that I shouldn’t have to pay for a room I never reserved. I also informed her that I never received a second reservation number. How was I to know about the second booked room? It was clearly the hotel’s fault. She said there was nothing she could do about it. I asked to speak to her manager, she said that she was the general manager.

I wasn’t going to get anywhere with the woman. I then called up HIE’s customer service line to complain. The guy on the phone sympathized with me, wrote up the complaint and said that they have to send it down to the owner and general manager of the hotel to try to get a resolution. So now I am waiting to hear from the hotel to see if they are going to do anything about it. If they haven’t reversed the charge by tomorrow afternoon I will be calling my credit card company to dispute the payment.

*sigh* REALLY? Is Holiday Inn Express really THAT hard up for money that they have to make up reservations and then refuse to refund bogus charges?????

8 comments:

Jess said...

OMG this is ridiculous. If they don't resolve this in your favor then tell them you'll be contacting the BBB and the attorney general and see what they say. They can't charge you for a room you never reserved.

Amy Jo said...

I had a similiar issue with HIE last year in October. We stayed at one in Dayton, OH for a wedding and booked a handicapp accessible suite. I received a confirmation number, but when we went to check-in the room was not available (someone else had checked into it earlier that day). So we ended up taking the ONLY accessible room they had left for the weekend. On my next CC statement I noticed I was billed for BOTH rooms even though we only used the one room. It took weeks to get this resolved and I vowed to never stay there again.

Anonymous said...

That is not right at all! I used to work at our local Crowne Plaza (part of the HI brand) and customer service was always of utmost importance - I can't believe the GM was so unwilling to help. Those charges should be reversed immediately, especially if there are notes clearly stating your actual request.

Christina said...

That is really annoying, continue to push to get that resolved and like Jess said contact the BBB if they don't. You may also want to leave a review n Yelp and or Trip Advisor as well

AiringMyLaundry said...

Wow, that is awful!

I hope it gets resolved.

Libby said...

Wow! That stinks! I would go the BBB route, too, if you don't get anywhere with them in a timely manner :-/

Alice said...

OMG that's insane!! how can they have an AUDIT TRAIL of the error and still refuse to refund you!? let us know what happens! tell them you have a blog, haha :)

Meg said...

That's pretty much the worst service I have EVER heard od!