I got a call yesterday from the general manager from the Holiday Inn Express (the one that has been ridonkulous). She said that they will refund the $148.75 charge on my credit card. I bet that it wasn’t the customer complaint that I filed with the Holiday Inn headquarters. I bet it wasn’t the disputed charge claim I filed with my credit card. I believe that it took filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to get this refund (which I should have gotten WEEKS ago, but I don’t want to dwell). So thank you to those who suggested that I file a complaint with them!
----------------------------------------
This weekend is our first pickup of our beef CSA. I don’t think that I told you guys about it yet, did I? Well, CP found an article about local farms providing organic meats and cheeses for downtown restaurants. He did some internet searching and found that one of the farms does a beef CSA! For six months we will be picking up 20 pounds of beef (12 pounds of ground meat, bone marrow, stew meat, etc. and then 8 pounds of whatever is the “special”- filet mignon, roast, various steak cuts, etc.).
This experiment should be interesting. CP and I don’t eat a ton of beef. But when we had the chance to jump on grass-fed, organic beef? Well, we decided to try it out. The cost per pound is DRASTICALLY less than the same products at Whole Foods and we can store it downstairs in the freezer. I imagine that it will last all year long.
So will we get sick of eating beef a lot more than usual? Hopefully not. On Sunday some of the ground beef will go into chili that we will have until turkey day. The “special” for next month is a 5lb roast which we have already decided will be our Christmas meal when my family is in town. :-)
Do you eat a lot of beef? Do you have a good recipe using beef for us?
9 comments:
We probably eat beef about once per week. We use ground beef for burgers, chili, spaghetti bolognese, taco salads. We use steaks for salads and main courses. Most of the things I use it for I don't actually have recipes for :(
Wow, I totally want to go in on a local cow. What a great idea!
Kate's Famous Beef
As big a chunk of beef as you can get into your crock pot. 1 packet of onion soup mix. I packet of dry italian seasoning. 2 cups of water. Cook forever, pull the meat apart with a fork and put back into the juice for sandwiches or over salads or straight out of the refrigerator. YUUUMMMM!
Oh man, I'm totally going to check and see if we've got something like that around here! (though we don't have a freezer--but this might be a reason!).
Let's see beef uses: chili, spaghetti, salads, stir fry, asian noodle dishes, beef wraps, burgers, roast, sandwiches...
Now I'm hungry.
How cool, there are a few places that are around here but, I have not looked into it.
I eat read meat once a week. I like a good steak but some other ideas are short ribs fajitas,italian beef, beef stew. If you collet the bones you can also make a wonderful beef stew.
That's awesome! I wish we had a great CSA and I didn't even know they had beef ones.
Wilzie and I did that once, and loved it (not sure why we haven't done it since) - there was a lot of beef to get through, but somehow we managed.
I am so glad that you FINALLY got your refund!
...and I left you a little something over at my blog ;)
YAY for the refund!! And BOO that you had to take so many steps to get it.
oh fascinating! i had no idea there were CSAs for meat! this sounds SO much more appealing than buying crappy supermarket meat whenver i want to cook something non-veg... you'll definitely have to let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment