Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.02.2010

Post for future months

Thursday I woke up expecting my period. Every time I went to the bathroom I expected to see blood. Nothing. An entire day went by. I began to get excited. I kept checking the calendar to make sure that today was the today that I should have gotten my period.

I couldn’t sleep that night. When I woke up Friday I again expected to see blood. Nothing. My temperature was still high. Could this be it? Could I really be pregnant? I casually mention to CP that I am two days late. To him I am casual…in my mind I am already thinking of how and when we will tell my parents (their first grandchild) and CP’s parents. The stuff that I wasn’t going to be able to eat for the next 9 months. What lies we could tell our friends when we saw them in two weeks. They would definitely notice if I wasn’t drinking (mainly because they are trying themselves). I head to the DMV to get my drivers license and the entire time waiting I am trying to focus on my book, but every once in a while smiling to myself.

This could really be the month! I didn’t feel any cramps so I was positive this was the month. I didn’t feel pregnant, but at this point it is still dividing cells right? I wouldn’t feel that anyway. I didn’t see any implantation bleeding, but most women don’t so that wasn’t a big deal.

On the way home, I decided that it was safe enough to buy a pregnancy test. I knew that I was going to take it as soon as I got home, despite the fact that it was not the first time I went to the bathroom that morning. It just couldn’t wait. Not surprisingly, it was negative. I dismissed it and told myself that I would take another one the next morning.

That night I again told CP that my period had not shown up yet. He said that I should wait a few more days to take another pregnancy test because I might just be a little late this month. I was adamant and told him that in the past six months since getting off birth control I have been on a strict cycle. He said that he didn’t want me to get my hopes up too much.

In the end, CP was right. I woke up the next morning to my period before I could even take another pregnancy test. I hate the CP was right. Mostly because it means that we are not pregnant, but also because he was right about the fact that MY cycle was simply late. As CP woke up, I told him the news before I headed off to work.

Note to self for future months: wait longer than two days late to take a pregnancy test. Also, try not to get hopes up for the first few days you don’t have your period.

Another note: These two things will be VERY hard to do.

12 comments:

Tia said...

I held my breath the entire time I was reading this. I'm sorry it wasn't the outcome you hoped. Every month I root for you!

Jess said...

Oh, this sucks! I'm so sorry. What a letdown. I hope you get that positive test very, very soon.

Stevie said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry :-( Keeping my fingers crossed for next month!

Kate said...

Soooo hard to wait. It is. Buy a multi pack of pregnancy tests. I say, take one as soon as you want to.

Kate said...

Ugh - what a letdown. Hoping the next months bring more luck!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm sorry :(

I hate the wait, believe me.

justme said...

ditto to Tia's first sentence...i was holding my breath the entire time i was reading...i'm so sorry. but just think about how excited you will be when the time comes...now THAT is something to look forward to!

Alice said...

ooof. i'm so sorry. i too was holding my breath reading that... hoping for a positive test SOON :)

Ginger said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I know that anticipation SUX. And it's so hard to not get your hopes up (once my period was 18 days late. 18. yeah, that was...well you can guess).

Fingers crossed for next month!

Christina said...

Sorry to hear that, it sucks. fingers crossed for next month.

funderson said...

ug...I did the EXACT same stuff. SO frustrating..sorry!

Meg said...

I'm so sorry :(