Within a month of joining our family, he figured out how to open the door below. He jumps up and with his paws hits the door handle to open the door going out to our sunroom. CP thought it was cute when he figure out how to do this, I wasn't so sure. In about a month we will teach him to use the dog door, but wanted to keep that closed until we no longer were running a/c.
Recently he has figured out how to get past this gate that usually keeps him in the kitchen. We had hooks in the door frame, but took them out when we realized that we could just put the gate inbetween the door frame and the basement door.
However, a few weeks ago Buster figured out how to jump up with his front paws on the gate, use his nose to open the basement door, push the gate and run upstairs to wake us up. (He sleeps in a crate at night but we let him roam the kitchen during the day/after CP gets up for a work and while I am still getting ready upstairs.)
We tried to put a shoe underneath the gate so that the gate wouldn't slide but he broke through that. We put a heavy hamper of clothes but he broke through that.
Buster is one determined puppy.
This is our latest try. I put the hamper on the other side so that he can't jump up on the gate. So far escape has alluded him....but probably not for long.
4 comments:
I love that second puppy pic. His face is awesome.
And your vent picture made me think of my old office. The temperature was all over the place, so one floor would be freezing and the next roasting, with only one thermostat for the whole building. Anyway, one of my coworkers had a vent that blew right down on her, to the point of moving her papers around. Eventually she got so fed up with the COLD air, she duct taped over the whole thing. It was awesome.
I'm totally stealing your idea for the vent in my office!
It's cooling down a bit here in Michigan so everyone is getting so excited for "sweatshirt/sweater" weather. I don't have the same enthusiasm as I've been wearing sweaters to work all summer.
I had to do the same thing at work!! And on top of that I sit with a heating pad!Miserable!
I'm super impressed with Buster. It will be neat to see what other things he figures out as he gets older. Hopefully he uses his smarts for good and not evil.
Post a Comment