Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.05.2011

Hope

It’s the end of what has been a hard week here in NSC land. But you know what? Despite the two surgeries that are looming over me in the next year or so, I’m starting to feel better. The one good thing about this fibroid is the fact that it is something wrong with ME not CP. So I can make the decision to tell whomever I want about it. That doesn’t mean that I have to give away that CP and I are trying to conceive…fibroids can be found during a regular annual exam (ahem…despite the fact that mine were not).

Telling people/complaining has helped my mood. Just getting it off my chest to various people has been cathartic.

Having this surgery is not the end of the world. It is frustrating that I feel absolutely fine yet need to have two surgeries. But hey, I can’t complain that I am otherwise healthy. Hopefully this surgery is just a bump in the road to motherhood. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

I have to be patient (not my strong suit). 32.5 years old is still fairly young when trying to conceive. There is still hope.

5 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

My OBGYN liked to remind me that the AVERAGE age of his first time moms is 35. Made me feel much better about my journey when I was 36-37.

Sometimes, it's the act of getting things off your chest that makes you feel infinitely better - glad you have more outlets to do that now.

Stevie said...

I'm so glad that you finally got some solid answers. I'm sure it'll be hard to wait until your surgeries are over, but hopefully the time will go by quickly. Thinking many, many good thoughts for you and CP!

Rad Runner said...

YOUR WAY YOUNG! 32.5 is the new 22.5 for reals. Happy thoughts :)

Chris said...

There is plenty of time! I know it's not the timing you'd like, but you will get there, I know it. I have always been worried I would have trouble conceiving, and even though I am pregnant now, I still have those fears for next time, when we "try," because this baby was a surprise. All my best thoughts to you.

AiringMyLaundry said...

32 is definately still young!

*Thinking good thoughts*