Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.22.2011

Weekend

This weekend CP and I didn’t have anything planned per se, but managed to have an exhausting weekend nevertheless.

On Saturday CP needed to do some work so I went for a run (C25K Week 3, Run 2)- it was much easier than the run last week (Week 3, Run 1). That may have been because it was a little cooler outside. I then came back to the house and popped in The Biggest Loser’s Weight Loss Yoga DVD. Working out win!

Lunch that day consisted of a salad with lettuce, cucumbers, radishes and cherry tomatoes all from our garden. Yum. We then took the dogs to the brook so that they could cool off in the water and went food shopping. I made two Indian dishes for dinner (Butter Tomato Sauce- with fresh tomatoes from our garden and Zesty Green Beans- also from our garden) while CP readied the meat.


Zesty Green Beans



We ended up buying almost 40 pounds of meat on Saturday because CP decided he was going to make sausage all day. And I mean ALL DAY. While I took the dogs for an hour walk, CP made Chicken Apple sausage, a delicious breakfast sausage. I then helped him put together the spices for an Argentinean Chorizo. Next up was a Chicken/Turkey Sausage with Roasted Green Chiles. Finally, a Buffalo sausage that CP ended up smoking until 10pm last night. The last sausage is AMAZING and is super delicious with cheese as an appetizer. Mmmmmm. So now our basement freezer is stocked with vacuum-sealed sausages….which we are going to have to start eating as our beef CSA starts up again in November!




Smoked Buffalo sausages



The only bad part of the weekend? I got my period which meant that I couldn’t sleep last night because I was up worrying about getting the Lupron shot tomorrow. I really need to stop reading Internet comments about the side effects. All I can do is stay positive and hope that I come out of the three month shot unscathed.

But today is another day and hopefully I am able to sleep tonight. After work today I am taking the dogs to a local pool for a dog park fundraiser. After the pool is closed for the summer (yesterday), the town allows dogs to jump in for a day. Fuzzy Britches is going to be so excited! Buster will probably just play with other dogs instead of swimming…. But it should be hilarious.

How was your weekend?

No comments: