BOOM. Right before I was scheduled to leave work today my division had a quick meeting. The passive-aggressive woman that I thought was getting transferred down to Philly? Well she is now heading down to DC instead…but it may only be for 90-120 days. Not the permanent basis that I was hoping for, but this may mean more work for at least the next three months….
However, this comes at the worst possible time. She literally leaves Monday so I have two days to figure out what is going on with her projects. Not that she won’t be available while she is down in DC, but she will be busy working on other things and won’t have a ton of time to answer questions. In addition I have a week and a half of work before I am then out for two weeks with my fibroid surgery. I will have just gotten introduced to everyone…..then they will get the dreaded out of office notification.
This is exactly what I thought would happen. No time for a transition and right before my surgery. That’s just how my company rolls. Nice. Not only that, but we are getting into the holiday season which means the two other people in my division are going to be away a lot with their families. I might start to be a major stress ball. Already next Thursday I have three conflicting events. One in Boston, one at my office and one in southern CT. Ridonkulous.
In addition, although I can handle speaking in public just fine, a speaking engagement just fell onto my plate for next Tuesday. There will be cameras. Elected officials. Press. And I will probably be crapping my pants. I didn’t set out to be a prosecutor in law school because I am not a big fan of public speaking. If I am comfortable with the topic I should be fine….but this project is one of the ones that I know the least about. YIKES. Guess I have some reading up to do!!
At least this change allowed me to weasel out of a project I had been putting off because it requires zero thought....
3 comments:
Good luck with everything!!
Best of luck to you....I know you will do great!
Good luck! I'm sure you'll rock it all!
Post a Comment