I'm very happy about the results of the election, except for two things.
1. People of CA- WHY O WHY did you defeat the GMO labeling initiative??? I know that companies like Monsanto threw tons of money towards misleading ads but the fact that it got defeated is so disheartening!!! Especially when most people FAVOR the labeling of GMOs. *sigh*
2. People of MN- really? Michelle Bachman is still in Congress? The same woman whose husband practices conversion therapy (trying to transform homosexuals into heterosexuals) despite not having a license to practice in the state and the same woman who claimed that the HPV vaccine caused mental retardation? How the heck does she still have a job???
On the other hand, gay marriage is now legal and recognized in a few more states and that is really exciting.
Moving on...
I have a bunch of post ideas sitting in my email, but they are "thinking posts" and this week I just haven't felt like sitting down and writing them. I was going to show you our new front and back yard, but Blogger is being a meanie and not allowing me to upload pictures right now.
Other random things on my mind....habits are hard to break. Although I am on birth control and will be until the end of December, I can't stop checking every time I go to the bathroom. Speaking of birth control, so far I haven't had any weird mood swings so that's good. Hopefully that continues....
CP has been in LA all week but flew to New Orleans today and will be there until Friday night. Meanwhile my mother-in-law arrives from NH tomorrow early evening so I will get to spend some time with her. Luckily, we get along. But I have to work on Friday so I'm not sure what I am going to do with her....maybe she can help us paint or strip wallpaper?
I'm pissed about my upcoming surgery later this month because if I didn't have it coming up, I had the chance through work to head out to the East Coast to help with the disaster efforts. Grrrr f*cking fibroids. CP and I agreed that we didn't want to push back the surgery. Luckily there are tons of co-workers that are ready and willing to head out there.
First RESOLVE meeting tonight and I'm looking forward to it! :-)
First RESOLVE meeting tonight and I'm looking forward to it! :-)
Is this my most non sequitur post ever?
7 comments:
The GMO prop got defeated because the companies threw SO much money (I heard a figure of $1 million A DAY) at ads that straight up lied. "It'll increase your grocery bill by $400. It'll put small farms out of work. It won't actually label anything." etc.
And then, people don't do their research.
And then those of us that do have our heads explode.
Oooo....good luck tonight!!! I hope it is so much fun and can't wait to hear about it.
P.S. I am originally from MN and cringe that the people from my state voted her in again! Seriously!!!???
The ads out here were ridiculous. When I first saw the percent of Californians that supported the initiative, I was really hopeful. But, nope. It is my hope that it will be on the ballot again but rewritten in a more palatable fashion.
I was bummed about hte GNO as well, sadly money talks.
Let me know how your Resolve meeting goes!
I am amazed that prop didn't pass. Incredible.
But I am THRILLED that my state passed the marriage equality initiative!
The GNO ads were insane. I can see how they could easily doop people that werent staying up on it. However, thats a lame excuse. I dont believe you should vote on something unless you educate yourself on it. Not cool.
Enjoy your resolve meeting. Ive found great comfort in mine and the women are so supportive.
This was quite non sequitir. Hehe! Hope your meeting went well!
Post a Comment