Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.27.2012

Holiday weekend


I hope all of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.  I had a great long weekend with my parents, my sister and her dog, and of course CP and our dogs.  As usual I ate too much but at least we took a family hike with the dogs at the Warren Dunes State Park prior to the big meal.

The dogs swimming in cold Lake Michigan

Over the weekend my sister and I also did some crafting via Pinterest:

We each made a wine cork wreath:  


Actually, this is my sister's wreath but mine looks very similar

We each made jingle bell snowflakes to hang off our mantles: 


Picture from the website

I made a holly wreath for our front door:  



It was fun!  I could see us using the long weekend to craft again next year! 

On Saturday we went to local antique stores to try to find a coffee table and a painting or mirror for over our mantle, but didn’t find anything that worked.  My Dad LOVES doing this kind of stuff so he was over the moon that we wanted to go antiquing. 

Sunday morning CP and I woke up bright and early to head back to IL to work on the dining room.  For some reason the seller WALLPAPERED the CEILING and INSIDE THE HUTCHES so I had a nice 8 hour day of stripping wallpaper off the walls.  My shoulders are still sore!  I swear the seller did some of this just to f*ck with the next owners (aka US).


Stripping the seriously UGLY wallpaper out of the hutches

Tearing the wallpaper off the ceiling.

CP is on a major tear with the dining room.  He is going to be traveling for work quite a bit in December and really wants the room finished before we have family over for Christmas.  We'll see if that happens....

6 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I've been off the radar for a couple weeks...I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving spent with family!
And god bless you for having the patience to deal with wallpaper! I would have already given up

kristykay123 said...

I love the wreaths! (Following from ICLW)

Aritza Goddess said...

On the ceiling!? OMG. That's some messed up sh*t. So painful to remove :/ urgh.

Awesome crafting! That's so fun :) They look like cool project too!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Love that wreath! Makes me feel like popping open a few cases of wine just so I can make one too.

Meg said...

He seems to have had some really weird ideas about decorating.
Your crafts are so cute!

terra said...

I love shopping for antiques - you never know what treasure you're going to find. Also, I've become mildly obsessed with looking at and purchasing old postcards. Andrew and I have found a few from places that are important to us dating back to the 20s and it's always neat to read a note sent by someone 80 or so years ago.