On Saturday CP and I bought our Christmas tree and decorated it and the living room while listening to the Christmas station on Pandora. We enjoyed an awesome dinner of smoked trout with a mint sauce and a bottle of the wine we were drinking when we got engaged.
| Our tree this year! |
| Buster was wary of the moose stocking which was hilarious. Poor guy had a bunch of new things to contend with in the living room. So far the tree and the stockings haven't been touched by him.... |
Yesterday CP and I joined my sister and her boyfriend at the Bears game. Our FANTASTIC idea while tailgating was to shotgun beers...something that I haven't done in a few years. I mean, of course CP and I rocked at it as usual, but it most likely led to my downfall later on that day. CP made smoked cajun ribs and smoked chicken legs which were ridiculously delicious- at least we ate some good food in addition to drinking ourselves silly!
After getting home from the game CP and I made it until 7:30 and then finally crashed. Advil and Tylenol weren't working on my monster headache, but Tylenol PM made it all better. Definitely paying for all of that drinking today though. Poor CP had to wake up early to fly to Atlanta for work- hopefully he can survive today without passing out in meetings!
How was your weekend?
10 comments:
Oh what a lovely tree and decorations! Gosh, you are so on top of things! :)
I was on the east coast last week and got to enjoy some snow. I tried to bring back the winter mood with me but upon returning home and seeing the palm trees and feeling the 70 degree weather, it's hard to maintain. I will try to remain strong!
Too bad the Bears couldn't pull out a win for you. Then again, at least you had excellent weather for the game!
We've had our Christmas tree and all decorations (indoor and out) done since the week before Thanksgiving! I was a little eager this year...LOL
I'm jealous of your mantel...we don't have anywhere to hang our stockings at our house.
Lady, kudos to you. I never managed to shotgun beer. The whole "just open your throat" line is bullshit. Kudos, my friend.
Beautiful tree! My decorations are few and far between so it looks so random hah
Beautiful decorations!
Your tree is beautiful.
My pup has never seen a tree so I am interested to see what she makes of it.
I love this post. It makes me so happy and even inspires me to maybe decorate this year. Thanks.
Love the tree! I can't decide if I'm going to put one up this year or not...I want to get a real tree, but don't want to deal with hauling it home and setting it up by myself and a fake tree just isn't as much fun. I'm also a little worried about what the cats will do a tree, but I also am curious enough that I want to find out...
It is hilarious that you shotgunned beers. SOOO glad I'm not the only adult who still does this :)
Post a Comment