![]() |
| HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! |
Today is the day that I move into my mid-30s. I like to call it my "Pretty Princess Day"- mainly because CP hates when I use that phrase. I am the complete opposite of a girly-girl so I just think that the phrase is funny.
Unfortunately I'm stuck at work today but I had a fun weekend. Because CP and I are oh-so-fabulous and hip on Friday night we went shopping for my birthday/our Christmas present to each other: a custom closet system for our master bedroom. Sadly we are not outfitting a huge walk-in closet but a shallow walk-in, but this new system will be much more efficient than the two rods we have now on either side of the doorway. It's not the most spectacular birthday present, but once it's done (hopefully we can install it between Christmas and New Years) it will look great.
Saturday was spent at a Christmas coffee event for the women on my block, then to our favorite home improvement store for paint, and then home to wipe the wallpaper glue off the ceiling in the dining room. We had to rush to finish it all before our next door neighbor's cocktail party. We were the guests of honor because we were the latest on the block to move in. Boy are our neighbors fun!! We had a taste of our neighbors on Halloween when the couple across the street took out the fire pit, beers, and folding chairs to hand out candy and check out all of the costumes. But Saturday night everyone on our block got rip-roaring drunk!! The party was only supposed to last two hours...but five and a half hours later I went home from drinking too much wine and CP soon followed an hour later. Mind you we are one of the younger couples on the block (and the only ones without kids) and thought that we were drinkers!! Our neighbors ended up partying until 1:30am while we were passed out in bed.
Needless to say, I think we are going to have a great time in our neighborhood. There is an annual Cubs trip, they close the street every Fourth of July for a block party, and the whole neighborhood seems to get together when it's nice out for BBQs, random Saturday nights, etc. CP already has a smoke-off using three different types of meat with a neighbor planned for mid-April! Good neighbors definitely make our decision to move to Chicago that much better.
Unfortunately now that I am 34 years old, I had quite the hangover on Sunday morning. We ended up mustering enough energy to prime the walls and the ceiling in the dining room and hang out with our friends watching football, but that's about it. :-) At least the Eagles decided to eek out a win for me yesterday!
Tonight we don't have much planned but Wednesday night we are headed out to dinner with my family to a Peruvian restaurant. I hope it's as good as the one we used to go to in CT!

14 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy birthday! <3
Happy Pretty Princess Day! ;-)
Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. Take pictures of the new closet once it's done!
Have a very Happy Birthday and many more!
Happy Birthday to you!! Sounds like you live in a fun area!! :)
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you partied it up this weekend--I'm kind of jealous of your neighborhood!
Happy birthday to you! Sounds like a lovely weekend, despite (or because of?) the hangover - sigh. If only drinking were as easy as it were ten or fifteen years ago! Enjoy your continued celebration - Peruvian food, yum.
Happy birthday! Sounds like you wound up choosing a great neighborhood with great neighbors. Lucky you!
Happy pretty princess day m'dear. May this year be perfect in every way.
I can't believe you got a closet for your birthday! Hahaha... that's gotta be a first. Also so jealous of your cool neighbours... my street has a lot of introverted writers on it and some Portuguese seniors. No hangovers happening any time soon. :)
Happy, happy birthday! I love that you have such a great community. I think it is harder and harder to find these days. Enjoy!
Mystery solved! We were twins separated at birth! Happy birthday! I also would think that house renovations are great Christmas gifts and doing a project my idea of a good time! An drinking with our neighbors. Which we do! And we are the youngest too on our hood! :) sounds like a great bday!!
Glad it was such a good weekend!!!!
Happy belated birthday, lady!
Also, so glad your neighbors seems so fantastic!
Post a Comment