Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

11.21.2012

Thanksgiving

It's been an annual tradition here at the Non Sequitur Chica blog to talk about our Thanksgiving menu.  This year will be a little different because CP isn't making the whole meal (I know- shocker!).  This also the first year in a while that we won't be hosting Thanksgiving.  Right now we are in the process of stripping wallpaper in our dining room and the room is quite a mess.  It's not too conducive to having people over....maybe next year.

This year we will be heading up with my sister to my parent's house in MI for the long weekend.  We leave tonight after work and hopefully we won't hit too much traffic.  Buster is going to be EXHAUSTED after a weekend of playing with his puppy cousin....while Koda will just be annoyed with the two of them.  I went on a Michael's shopping spree and will be making a bunch of Christmas decorations (via Pinterest of course) with my mom and sister.  The menfolk will just have to find something else to do while we are crafting.  :-)

On to the menu (for a grand total of 5 people- which means LEFTOVERS!):

Turkey
Gravy
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing (I can't WAIT for my mom's stuffing- it's the best)
Squash soup*
Brussel sprouts and kale with bacon*
Wild rice salad*
Pear tart

*CP and I prepped all of these last night.

For previous year's menus: the menu in 2009, the menu in 2010, and the menu in 2011.

What will you be doing for Thanksgiving?  Do you have anything exotic on the menu this year?

5 comments:

Tutti said...

Your menu sounds delicious! And how fun that the two of you cook together. We're not hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in a long time, and though it feels weird not to be elbow deep in flower and turkey gizzards, it's kind of relaxing. May your Thanksgiving bring peace and comfort to you!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, I love how everyone is posting their menus--it makes me want to tour all of your houses tomorrow and eat until I explode! :o)

Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog award--you can it it on my blog

Lanie said...

You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see your dining room progress. :)

JustHeather said...

I'll just be thinking of all of you who are eating yummy Thanksgiving day foods. I'm too lazy to prepare anything fancy here, so I've never done it.
Enjoy!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yum, the menu sounds great!