My pregnancy book advised me at 16 weeks to stop sleeping on my back because in some women the uterus cuts off blood flow and a person can pass out. (My doctor said that it's more like 20 weeks and it's doesn't happen to all women.) It's also not great for the baby. Knowing that I wanted to be safe, and also knowing that I would be pretty unhappy sleeping on just my sides for the rest of the pregnancy, I knew that I needed some help.
I had heard about pregnancy pillows and thought that they sounded a little silly until IRL friends told me how awesome they really were.
![]() |
| Image found here |
Oh, Snoogle, how I love thee.
I'm so glad that I picked you up at a maternity store. I didn't even tell CP that I was buying you- it was quite a surprise just how big you were when I took you out of the packaging. CP is not a fan of you because you do take over a lot of the bed, but I certainly am. Or, he says that he is not a fan, but if he gets in bed before I do, he has been caught snuggling up to you.
I'm so glad that I picked you up at a maternity store. I didn't even tell CP that I was buying you- it was quite a surprise just how big you were when I took you out of the packaging. CP is not a fan of you because you do take over a lot of the bed, but I certainly am. Or, he says that he is not a fan, but if he gets in bed before I do, he has been caught snuggling up to you.
Right now I sleep with the "c" at my back, use the top part as my head pillow and put part of you between my legs (similar to the top picture). I do my best to sleep as much on my left side as possible, but sometimes I switch it up and sleep on my right (like the bottom picture). I was excited to see that you should be helpful after my C-section as well!
You do make it a bit harder to get out of bed to pee in the middle of the night. And I end up doing a whole lot of flopping around when I turn from side to side, but it is all well worth it.
You do make it a bit harder to get out of bed to pee in the middle of the night. And I end up doing a whole lot of flopping around when I turn from side to side, but it is all well worth it.
Truthfully, I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to give you up once the baby comes.....
*I was not asked to review this product nor given compensation for this post. But I would highly recommend it!*

13 comments:
Looks very comfy! My husband wouldn't like the space it takes up either ;) And I'm far from ready to set foot into a maternity store, but hopefully in about two months that will be different...
I'm not pregnant, but I've wanted one of these for a long time. I think it would help me stay in one place all night. As it is, I flop from one side to the other like 6 times a night.
I loved mine too, it helped relieve my belly/back pain
Yes, yes, and yes. I got the Comfort-U pillow, which is more like a big U that goes down on both sides. And I agree with everything you said. So, so wonderful.
That looks amazing! I think I want one!
Great tip. I'm working on a wish board to give me hope for this next cycle. I'm putting this on there...that I someday need to buy one of these. Hugs!
Yessss I've been using a snoogle this pregnancy too and it is amazing. Last pregnancy I was religious about the no back sleeping thing starting at 16-20 weeks but this time I chose to believe my midwife that your body will give you cues if it doesn't like the back position and not worry about it so much. Now, at 24 weeks, I'm starting to feel more comfortable on my side, so the snoogle has become a nightly bed companion. Thank goodness we have a king size bed! And yes, it does make it harder to change positions and get out of bed to pee... but it's worth it, and also I'm so much more comfortable with it that I change positions much less often anyway.
Oh you'll give it up!! You'll want the luxury of sleepy flat on your stomach! ;) one of the best things about not being pregnant anymore. When you do get to sleep alone! I spent the first two weeks sitting up holding Everleigh who wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her!
Ps, I had the stupid boppy one, but I'm splurging on te snoogle should I ever be pregnant again!
My Snoogle is back home in CA and I am really starting to wish I had it with me. I don't like that I have to fight with it to switch positions, but it did make sleeping more comfortable. Right now I am using a bunch of extra pillows and it just isn't cutting it.
My cat loves the Snoogle. She would curl up in it as soon as I got out of bed and spend a good part of the day napping there.
Wow, that just looks, amazing! Who says you have to give it up after pregnancy? :P
Okay. That looks amazing and stupid cozy. I'm not pregnant (and don't plan to be), but damn if I don't want to cuddle with one of those!
I'm thinking I will need something like that soon. Only problem is, we have a double size bed. Yep, only a double. My Hubby may end up sleeping on the couch the second half of this pregnancy! I told him a few weeks ago that I don't know how we'll fit, especially with twins!
Post a Comment